Kelvin Etuhu

He's a young lad who honestly isn't a top quality player. I said it early last season when we played at Barnsley and he struggled to get past the full back that dodgy team had. I really can't believe how some some can't see he's not very good. You'll be saying Clayton Macdonald is good next, but he's still earning at our club.

I thought he had a pretty good game. Gave 100% and was a menace down the right. His finishing towards the end was very poor, but he also looked shattered.

If he can improve on his crosses he will be a good squad player. Give him a year on loan so he can gain some first team experience.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
BlueMooner87 said:
irony at it's finest

Mmmmm.

It's
"It's" is a contraction. It is short for "it is" (or occasionally for "it has"). It's not a way to ascribe a property to some "it". Yes, I know that this would make sense given that the general rule for forming a possessive is to tack on "'s": fool's errand, brewer's yeast, horse's ass. "It's" is an exception to this rule, and I honestly apologize on behalf of the infuriating English language. I didn't invent this stupid rule, but it's hardwired into my brain like gender of nouns to French speakers.

Examples:

It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all.
You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around, that's what it's all about.
Well, it's been a long, been a long, been a long, been a long day.

Its
"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Its interpretation is something like "that which belongs to it", where "it" stands for some previously defined object. In the previous sentence, the object being referred to is the word "its", and the thing that belongs to it is its interpretation.

Examples:

He left it dead, and with its head he went galumphing back
Love rears its ugly head.

Using them correctly
With practice, it's easy to tell these two devilish words apart. To help you keep them separate, here are some handy tips:

* Try replacing your "it's" with "it is" in the sentence. If the sentence becomes obviously wrong, you probably meant to use "its". If it sounds okay, "it's" can stay.

Example: "Nothing can take it's place" can't be right, because "Nothing can take it is place" is nonsense. You probably mean "Nothing can take its place".
Example: "It's not easy being green". Well, "It is not easy" is right, so the original sentence is okay.

* Try replacing your "its" with "his" in the sentence. If it comes out sounding right, "its" can stay.

Example: "That's just its way of making friends" must be okay, because "That's just his way of making friends" is grammatical.

In general, "its" as a possessive is like "his". You wouldn't write "hi's", would you? Well, maybe you would if you were talking about something belonging to Hiram...

* Look at the word that follows "its" or "it's". A noun means that you want "its". An adjective probably indicates "it's". This isn't always true, but it's a half-decent rule of thumb.

Example: "The cat licks its tongue into the corners of the evening". "Tongue" is a noun. I probably don't mean "it is tongue", so I'll stick with "its".
Sorry

Dont agree with people giving the lad abuse, thats not right. It isnt his fault he isnt good enough.

However anyone who thinks he is good enough for the first team, or even the top half of the premiership, has no eye for a player whatsoever.

He isnt good enough, move him on to a Championship side and let him find his level with the best of luck from us.

BlueMooner87 said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
Mmmmm.

It's
"It's" is a contraction. It is short for "it is" (or occasionally for "it has"). It's not a way to ascribe a property to some "it". Yes, I know that this would make sense given that the general rule for forming a possessive is to tack on "'s": fool's errand, brewer's yeast, horse's ass. "It's" is an exception to this rule, and I honestly apologize on behalf of the infuriating English language. I didn't invent this stupid rule, but it's hardwired into my brain like gender of nouns to French speakers.

Examples:

It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all.
You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around, that's what it's all about.

Its
"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Its interpretation is something like "that which belongs to it", where "it" stands for some previously defined object. In the previous sentence, the object being referred to is the word "its", and the thing that belongs to it is its interpretation.

Examples:

Using them correctly
With practice, it's easy to tell these two devilish words apart. To help you keep them separate, here are some handy tips:

* Try replacing your "it's" with "it is" in the sentence. If the sentence becomes obviously wrong, you probably meant to use "its". If it sounds okay, "it's" can stay.

Example: "Nothing can take it's place" can't be right, because "Nothing can take it is place" is nonsense. You probably mean "Nothing can take its place".
Example: "It's not easy being green". Well, "It is not easy" is right, so the original sentence is okay.

* Try replacing your "its" with "his" in the sentence. If it comes out sounding right, "its" can stay.

Example: "That's just its way of making friends" must be okay, because "That's just his way of making friends" is grammatical.

In general, "its" as a possessive is like "his". You wouldn't write "hi's", would you? Well, maybe you would if you were talking about something belonging to Hiram...

* Look at the word that follows "its" or "it's". A noun means that you want "its". An adjective probably indicates "it's". This isn't always true, but it's a half-decent rule of thumb.

Example: "The cat licks its tongue into the corners of the evening". "Tongue" is a noun. I probably don't mean "it is tongue", so I'll stick with "its".
Sorry

You're excused lines! ;)

JOGAMIGMOG said:
BlueMooner87 said:
irony at it's finest

Mmmmm.

It's

Examples:

Its

Examples:

Using them correctly

Class!!! :-)

dont think he is terrible,but he isnt as good as weiss on the right wing so we should let go (swp and wiess to fight out a spot seems good). although i wouldnt be so against a loan (same with ched and other youth) as it gives a chance to prove themselves

its inconcievable that a chelsea or utd or liverpool player even would miss a chance like that , and nor did he get a pass into the box ,from such a good position .

JOGAMIGMOG said:
BlueMooner87 said:
irony at it's finest

Mmmmm.

It's

Examples:

Its

Examples:

Using them correctly

So whats your point ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.