Kelvin Etuhu

Biggsy1 said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
Mmmmm.

It's
"It's" is a contraction. It is short for "it is" (or occasionally for "it has"). It's not a way to ascribe a property to some "it". Yes, I know that this would make sense given that the general rule for forming a possessive is to tack on "'s": fool's errand, brewer's yeast, horse's ass. "It's" is an exception to this rule, and I honestly apologize on behalf of the infuriating English language. I didn't invent this stupid rule, but it's hardwired into my brain like gender of nouns to French speakers.

Examples:

It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all.
You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around, that's what it's all about.
Well, it's been a long, been a long, been a long, been a long day.

Its
"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Its interpretation is something like "that which belongs to it", where "it" stands for some previously defined object. In the previous sentence, the object being referred to is the word "its", and the thing that belongs to it is its interpretation.

Examples:

He left it dead, and with its head he went galumphing back
Love rears its ugly head.

Using them correctly
With practice, it's easy to tell these two devilish words apart. To help you keep them separate, here are some handy tips:

* Try replacing your "it's" with "it is" in the sentence. If the sentence becomes obviously wrong, you probably meant to use "its". If it sounds okay, "it's" can stay.

Example: "Nothing can take it's place" can't be right, because "Nothing can take it is place" is nonsense. You probably mean "Nothing can take its place".
Example: "It's not easy being green". Well, "It is not easy" is right, so the original sentence is okay.

* Try replacing your "its" with "his" in the sentence. If it comes out sounding right, "its" can stay.

Example: "That's just its way of making friends" must be okay, because "That's just his way of making friends" is grammatical.

In general, "its" as a possessive is like "his". You wouldn't write "hi's", would you? Well, maybe you would if you were talking about something belonging to Hiram...

* Look at the word that follows "its" or "it's". A noun means that you want "its". An adjective probably indicates "it's". This isn't always true, but it's a half-decent rule of thumb.

Example: "The cat licks its tongue into the corners of the evening". "Tongue" is a noun. I probably don't mean "it is tongue", so I'll stick with "its".

So whats your point ;)

Shouldn't that read "what's your point"?

All you Etuhu super fans that are saying he's only a kid dont get on his back need to have a look around at other players of similar ages that are producing the goods.

Kelvin Etuhu 21

Stephen Ireland 22
Vladimir Weiss 20
Theo Walcott 20
Micah Richards 21
Rooney (when he was his age)

I know he has been injured but players like Weiss havent been in the side and when he came on Last night and Saturday he looked a much better player. I just think we have out grown players like Etuhu now. Hes another great Premiership player from our excellent Acadamy but why not ship him out on loan somewhere to see if he gets any better. Look at what happened to Miller ended up in the Championship with WestBrom.

Etuhu reminds me of Bradley Wright-Phillips, who just didnt quite make the cut. The problem is some City fans get attached to players just because they came through our Academy.

Daniel Sturridge said:
I really wanted him to do well but I'm afraid he just isn't very good, he gave the ball away so much and put other players under pressure all the time, and just looks out of his depth tbh, I think he's probably the worst player at the club atm and I include TBH. I will never boo him and will support him and I do actually like him, but let's be honest he's a championship player.

Come on DS; surely you think he is better than Robinho? Just kidding

But to be fair to him I believe he is better than TBH and has shown more than Logan (in his few chances).

I cannot believe how many people are giving the lad stick based on his pre-season performance.
He was clearly tired throughout most of the second half.

He made some good runs (stayed on-sides) and attempted to work with some of our woeful passing from the back.

It appears to me that most, if not all of these posts ae in agreement?

The Player
Kelvin Etuhu isn't very good - imo that's clear to see. It's not about the miss in particular but we've seen the lad in action on a few occasions now and he simply doesn't cut it.

Head down, running down blind alleys, can't cross (yes, I know he passed it for Ireland!), can't finish, poor positioning, gets brushed off too easily for a big lad. As some posters have referred to, he does strike me as another Ishmael Miller, BWP, Ched Evans in that he showed some promise in his formative footballing years but has simply reached a level that isn't anywhere near the technical demands of the Premiership.

As a result, we won't see Kelvin play in any premiership games this season and I struggle to see how he''l getting the starting XI for the Carling Cup side given the squad we now have. I desperately hope the lad gets a good kove to a big Championship club and takes it by storm.

The Criticism
On the other subject of scapegoats, it's too easy to say "don't criticise the lad, he's only 21". That's simply doesn't stack up. Is there an age limit for opinion on a player? At 21, most players in modern football either have 'it' or don't. However, those that choose to rant and pick and call him "shit" are way over the top and clearly lack the ability to get their pioint across and engage in meaningful debate.

We should all be allowed an opinion and mine is above. But if he's a blue, in a blue shirt, trying his best during a match, then we support him.

YD

manchester city fans are the best supporters in the world, like fuck we are.

the smell of a bit of money which will hopefully bring some overdue success and the so called loyal fans turn raggesque over night.

the phrase hoisted by ones own petard,springs to mind

why dont we just fuck the acadamy off because according to posts on here recently swp, richards, ned, and the rest arnt good enough for our best supporters in the world.

the bile that gets poured out against our own players on here, on a daily basis is a disgrace,

I thought the Academy was there to bring players through the ranks, to the point of being grafted into the Carrington set-up ? To that end it serves its purpose, but a football club also operates like a production line, and all the players cannot possibly turn out for the club - there's just too many. Sad as it is, the time comes when the club has to wish them well and move them on. Statistically, many of our Academy players are released and go on to play for other clubs. As already said, if a player isn't in the manager's plans by age of 21/22, chances are he'll be moving on.

I'd be surprised if Kelvin stays with us much longer. Probably got a better chance of regular football elsewhere. The owner's blueprint does not allow time for pussy-footing around with players of this calibre. And of course, Kelvin himself will be aware that the new signings coming in are already household names.

1894 said:
I thought the Academy was there to bring players through the ranks, to the point of being grafted into the Carrington set-up ? To that end it serves its purpose, but a football club also operates like a production line, and all the players cannot possibly turn out for the club - there's just too many. Sad as it is, the time comes when the club has to wish them well and move them on. Statistically, many of our Academy players are released and go on to play for other clubs. As already said, if a player isn't in the manager's plans by age of 21/22, chances are he'll be moving on.

I'd be surprised if Kelvin stays with us much longer. Probably got a better chance of regular football elsewhere. The owner's blueprint does not allow time for pussy-footing around with players of this calibre. And of course, Kelvin himself will be aware that the new signings coming in are already household names.

i`ve been round long enough to know there is no sentiment in football but fuck off your shit isnt the sentence that should follow you out of the door

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.