Kerby

The things you used to play when you were a kid. Kerby during the summer then the Arches in the winter until you were told to move on. Even with burst leather footballs back in the day we used to fill them up with rocks leave the ball on the road waiting until someone walks by and ask him to kick the ball. Some chases we got during that time. Once 1 bloke ran up to give it a wellie the run up and the screams as he kicked the ball of bricks I will always remember I often wondered how noone broke a bone in the foot by lashing the ball of bricks.

BimboBob said:
triger700 said:
then in to the middle one foot over allowed and thats where I made my killing!

In the middle? That was, and still is cheating. It's in the official rules.

"If a person steps off the kerb and enters the field of play it shall be deemed a foul. The opponent is then allowed one free shot at the cheating bastards nuts from the half way line."

sorry but this depends on what street you were brought up on, different rules of St Marys road than there was on Holland road!

Is there a rule book? would love to read if you have one?

triger700 said:
BimboBob said:
In the middle? That was, and still is cheating. It's in the official rules.

"If a person steps off the kerb and enters the field of play it shall be deemed a foul. The opponent is then allowed one free shot at the cheating bastards nuts from the half way line."

sorry but this depends on what street you were brought up on, different rules of St Marys road than there was on Holland road!

You can't step into the road! What sort of madness is that? Next you will be telling me you introduced multiball.

BimboBob said:
triger700 said:

You can't step into the road! What sort of madness is that? Next you will be telling me you introduced multiball.

HALF TIME MULTIBALL...... No if you got a Kerby or a catch you could go to the middle. If you miss and got hit on the way back the with the ball before getting on the kerb the other player could steal points from you.

COM' ON show me the rules?

mammutly said:
Barcon said:
Used to play flid football, that's where we would pull our sleeves down so that just our hands and wrist stuck out and run around like flids. Goalies had no chance. We also used to play knock, knock, runaway but we would tie a milk bottle full of piss to the door knob and then place it on the window sill or, lean a railway sleeper up against the door. But then we grew up and got ferrets, stuck them down rabbit holes and battered the rabbit with shovels when it ran the other end. Or we would just burn stuff.

Twisted, but strangely funny.

Railway sleeper against the door? Isn't that attempted murder?

Not in the seventies it wasn't, it was just being a dick.
No wonder my folks dragged us off to Canada. All my mates progressed to nicking cars and lots got locked up.
Are you listening Woody ?

triger700 said:
BimboBob said:

HALF TIME MULTIBALL...... No if you got a Kerby or a catch you could go to the middle. If you miss and got hit on the way back the with the ball before getting on the kerb the other player could steal points from you.

Ok...here are the rules. And i don't care what they say, we never moved into the middle.

http://www.streetgames.co.uk/Kerby.html

BimboBob said:
triger700 said:

Ok...here are the rules. And i don't care what they say, we never moved into the middle.

If the ball hits the kerb cleanly and bounes back to the player then they score a point.

Having scored they keep the ball and move to the middle of the road and attempt the same again.

Mate! Standard practice! I think you should be stripped of all titles and medals!

triger700 said:
BimboBob said:

If the ball hits the kerb cleanly and bounes back to the player then they score a point.

Having scored they keep the ball and move to the middle of the road and attempt the same again.

Mate! Standard practice! I think you should be stripped of all titles and medals!

I think we played a game called 'Pure Kerby' which was a game of skill, played by purists and didn't include running into the middle like a girl just to score some easy points.

Next you will be telling me you 'moved' the players around on Subbuteo without flicking...

Awesome game, played it a couple of weeks ago!

Heads and V's, Red arse, knockout, all quality games.

Beat the Letter was fun every now and again too.

BimboBob said:
triger700 said:

I think we played a game called 'Pure Kerby' which was a game of skill, played by purists and didn't include running into the middle like a girl just to score some easy points.

Next you will be telling me you 'moved' the players around on Subbuteo without flicking...

I think your calling me out? Are you calling me out?? Time and place winner takes all!!

My rules (because there the right ones)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.