I’m not doing Keto rather low carb. Best thing I’ve done. I have lost 54lb since Mid March.

I’ve limited my alcohol intake significantly and make all my meals using fresh ingredients every day.

It’s been 10 years since I last weighed under 20 stone and currently 18 and a half. I now can walk well over 4-5 miles per day where before I couldn’t walk half a mile without chronic back ache. So for me this is a lifestyle change.

That's brilliant, anyone who lowers their man made and genetically altered carbs will feel better if they persevere.

Well done mate. I'm not doing just to lose but to feel better and most days I feel great, occasional low days, but that's more to do with me learning more than the keto.

If anyone using a ketogenic diet wants to take the guess work out of it, try using 'keto sticks', oh and make sure you take a multi-vitamin and mineral tablet.

That's brilliant, anyone who lowers their man made and genetically altered carbs will feel better if they persevere.

Well done mate. I'm not doing just to lose but to feel better and most days I feel great, occasional low days, but that's more to do with me learning more than the keto.
Thanks Petetheblu - the great thing is I don’t feel that I’m making any great sacrifices. Basically I cut out all Bread,Pasta, Rice and Potatoes.
I substitute cauliflower for Rice or Mash potatoes. I got myself involved in finding low carb recipes. Get most of my protein from eggs, chicken, pork or beef. Plenty of veg that grow above the ground and sparingly root veg!!

Thanks Petetheblu - the great thing is I don’t feel that I’m making any great sacrifices. Basically I cut out all Bread,Pasta, Rice and Potatoes.
I substitute cauliflower for Rice or Mash potatoes. I got myself involved in finding low carb recipes. Get most of my protein from eggs, chicken, pork or beef. Plenty of veg that grow above the ground and sparingly root veg!!

Even the basic meal can come to live with added cream and cheese. Not missing anything myself and I feel far healthier than before, so that helps to keep me on course.

Have you tried skinny beers for a lager fix? Although hangovers have been a bit tougher....

How have you felt?

I’ve not tried that lager but will look out for it. As I previously mentioned I have knocked alcohol largely on the head.

If I do drink it’s normally red wine or spirits as they carry less carbs.
If you ever shop in Aldi look out for the chocolate nut bars. The come in packs of 4 and are great. The carbs are 5 per bar but the fibre is something like 7 grams giving you a negative net carb total!!

I’ve not tried that lager but will look out for it. As I previously mentioned I have knocked alcohol largely on the head.

If I do drink it’s normally red wine or spirits as they carry less carbs.
If you ever shop in Aldi look out for the chocolate nut bars. The come in packs of 4 and are great. The carbs are 5 per bar but the fibre is something like 7 grams giving you a negative net carb total!!
You can’t have negative carbs. Total carbs are 5+7 then take away your fibre of 7. Leaving 5 grams.

I know this is a keto thread but has anyone tried intermitted fasting or time restricted eating?
Started a couple of months ago and in that time dropped 5kgs.
Haven't experienced and change to energy or hunger levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.