I’m not doing Keto rather low carb. Best thing I’ve done. I have lost 54lb since Mid March.

I’ve limited my alcohol intake significantly and make all my meals using fresh ingredients every day.

It’s been 10 years since I last weighed under 20 stone and currently 18 and a half. I now can walk well over 4-5 miles per day where before I couldn’t walk half a mile without chronic back ache. So for me this is a lifestyle change.

Great going mate, that’s a huge loss and has to be good for you no matter how you do it. I was pretty much the same as you at nearly 22st and struggling to walk far etc, I’ve lost over 5st with SlimmingWorld and feel fantastic, just going out now to do a 5K walk with the dog whereas before I’d struggle to do 1 K, good luck mate.

I know this is a keto thread but has anyone tried intermitted fasting or time restricted eating?
Started a couple of months ago and in that time dropped 5kgs.
Haven't experienced and change to energy or hunger levels.

Loads in the 'Bluemoon fitness thread' mate, also search for 'intermittent fasting'.

I know this is a keto thread but has anyone tried intermitted fasting or time restricted eating?
Started a couple of months ago and in that time dropped 5kgs.
Haven't experienced and change to energy or hunger levels.

So, depending on what weight you were, a water fast is your best friend. You have to remember that certain people have adverse effects with weight gain to their skin. Water helps to get the elasticity back into the skin as you lose the weight.

It may not be a huge difference, but it has to be better than a sudden weight loss and being left with saggy skin!!

Is anyone on BM currently on the Ketogenic diet?

And if so, what have your results been thus far?

After learning that it could potentially be of benefit to those with ADHD and autism, I decided to start the diet on Monday. It’s only day four but I am amazed at how difficult it is to restrict net carbohydrates to under 30 grams each day. I can only seemingly eat nuts, seeds, oils, meat, fish, eggs, cheese and a certain few vegetables.

I don’t know if it’s an indication that I have ‘Keto Flu’ but so far I have been quite tired and lightheaded throughout large periods of the day.

Mate I tried this about 2 months ago and went carb free for 2 days. As my body approached ketosis I got a blinding headache, felt like death and became REALLY irritable. After 48 hours I felt like I can only imagine a smack head would on withdrawal. In the end I ran to the kitchen put two slices of warburtons in the toaster and smothered in butter- I instantly felt better. I’ve not got a sweet tooth but love carbs- bread / potatoes / crisps etc, it’s crazy that my body was/is so addicted to the sugar i get from them and the effect it had on me when taken away.

On a slightly related note I’ve been intermittent fasting for 3 weeks now and my beer belly has fallen off! Basically I have an 8 (ish) hour window in which I eat daily. So I wake up and don’t eat until about 1.30pm. I can have the odd snack between then and tea time (but trying to keep that relatively healthy) then have my tea /last food about 8.30/9pm and don’t eat until 1.30pm again the next day. Having a 14-18 hour period where I don’t eat has really got rid of my body fat in a way no other diet has.... definitely recommend this diet / lifestyle.

The whole “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” thing was invented by Kellogg’s and is a myth. When you “break your fast” is up to you!!

The whole “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” thing was invented by Kellogg’s and is a myth. When you “break your fast” is up to you!!

There is no right or wrong way as long a you stay healthy and see the results you desire.......You just have to find what works for you.
I eat as soon as i wake and generally every 3 hrs thereafter.......along with a hard exercise routine,that works for me as i guarantee i'm i better condition than 99% of this forum.

There is no right or wrong way as long a you stay healthy and see the results you desire.......You just have to find what works for you.
I eat as soon as i wake and generally every 3 hrs thereafter.......along with a hard exercise routine,that works for me as i guarantee i'm i better condition than 99% of this forum.

I’m saying the phrase itself is a myth. And I’d definitely be the 1% in that case.

I am the 1 percent

I've been ketogenic for 12 months and will probably live this lifestyle for the rest of my life.

I have come out of ketosis a few times due to trips abroad and having beers etc, and end up feeling rubbish compared to when I'm in ketosis, and can't wait to get back in.

For me, ketosis is a fantastic place to be, when you can crack it.

My missus makes us both loads of really tasty keto meals. I've never eaten so well.

On top of feeling much better mentally and physically, I've lost 3 stone in the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.