Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is totally how I saw it and I have a very similar opinion of him as well, some on here gave him MOTM as well, however that is more because he is a total favourite who can do no wrong in some people eyes.

He's a fantastic player of that there is little doubt and I say again, what a pass to Sterling, made me forgive the laziness for the goal and the errant passing earlier in the game.
When you're involved in almost all of our attacking play then you're going to have some crosses/passes that don't find the target. He's not, and never has been & unlikely will ever be a David Silva type player. He (as usual) created almost all of our chances, two Toure headers were both De Bruyne crosses/set pieces, Sane through on goal was De Bruyne's ball, Sterling header was De Bruynes ball, Sterlings goal was De Bruynes (unreal) ball, Cech's saves were De Bruynes shots, hitting the post was De Bruyne. Other than the Sane goal it's hard to name a proper chance we created that wasn't through him - that's why people are saying he's a contender for MOTM, not because "he can do no wrong in peoples eyes", how you don't see that is baffling to me & seems suggestive you want him to have been bad (why?); offensively he was easily our most influential player yesterday.

That is simply his game, high risk high reward, always makes plenty of mistakes, always creates chances. If you're going to say he's not MOTM worthy for errant passes I doubt you'll ever be of the opinion he's MOTM worthy as they're part & parcel of his style (don't get me wrong if he could cut them out he'd be even better, but it's just an unrealistic expectation in my eyes).

When you're involved in almost all of our attacking play then you're going to have some crosses/passes that don't find the target. He's not, and never has been & unlikely will ever be a David Silva type player. He (as usual) created almost all of our chances, two Toure headers were both De Bruyne crosses/set pieces, Sane through on goal was De Bruyne's ball, Sterling header was De Bruynes ball, Sterlings goal was De Bruynes (unreal) ball, Cech's saves were De Bruynes shots, hitting the post was De Bruyne. Other than the Sane goal it's hard to name a proper chance we created that wasn't through him - that's why people are saying he's a contender for MOTM, not because "he can do no wrong in peoples eyes", how you don't see that is baffling to me & seems suggestive you want him to have been bad (why?); offensively he was easily our most influential player yesterday.

That is simply his game, high risk high reward, always makes plenty of mistakes, always creates chances. If you're going to say he's not MOTM worthy for errant passes I doubt you'll ever be of the opinion he's MOTM worthy as they're part & parcel of his style (don't get me wrong if he could cut them out he'd be even better, but it's just an unrealistic expectation in my eyes).
Perfectly stated.

I dont want him to be bad, dont know why you are trying and suggest I do, he's our most influential creative player, I havent suggested otherwise, seems your post is just full of strawman arguments. I just have seen him play better than he did yesterday many times and think he's been below his best in the last month, which has coincided with our dip in form. I say he can do no wrong in some people's eyes because that is exactly how it is.

Just about every corner and a few crosses were woeful
If he hits every crosses he'd be Messi level by now.

Take a look at this graphic/stat:
xxGaddedPL2.png

As you can see Kev is far and far away the best in this. In short term, Kev's passes increases the chance for a goal exponentially. Yes he loses some ball but you take the good with the bad and in this case, the good far outweighs the bad.

This graphic/stats combines dribbles and passes into account and show the chance for a goal by a player
xGaddedPL1617t110v2.png

If he hits every crosses he'd be Messi level by now.

Take a look at this graphic/stat:
xxGaddedPL2.png

As you can see Kev is far and far away the best in this. In short term, Kev's passes increases the chance for a goal exponentially. Yes he loses some ball but you take the good with the bad and in this case, the good far outweighs the bad.

This graphic/stats combines dribbles and passes into account and show the chance for a goal by a player
xGaddedPL1617t110v2.png

What have those graphs got to do with yesterday?

Second that, i don't know what some people expect from him .... .

Played well but you could tell he's frustrated with the chances he's had in the last few games that he would normally bury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.