Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he had a mixed game again. His set piece delivery was unreal. Impossible to defend against. I thought he was pretty quiet but he is spending more of the game deeper. Felt he got better as the game wore on because more space opened up. Think he might be more effective outwide in this system personally.

Thought he had a mixed game again. His set piece delivery was unreal. Impossible to defend against. I thought he was pretty quiet but he is spending more of the game deeper. Felt he got better as the game wore on because more space opened up. Think he might be more effective outwide in this system personally.

I've said this for a while now. He's not so much an orchestrator as he is an improviser. The differences between him and Silva could possibly lead to a promising partnership in the middle but, at the moment at least, he's far more effective at forcing defenders into action than he is at dictating the flow of the game. In my opinion, he'll get far more opportunities to make an impact from the wing.

I've said this for a while now. He's not so much an orchestrator as he is an improviser. The differences between him and Silva could possibly lead to a promising partnership in the middle but, at the moment at least, he's far more effective at forcing defenders into action than he is at dictating the flow of the game. In my opinion, he'll get far more opportunities to make an impact from the wing.
I think that as they get used to playing Pep's way, they will all become more fluid, and interchange positions more. Pep likes fixed positions in a game, but that doesn't mean that from game to game they won't move about. So far I think he's been our least effective forward player, and still doesn't seem to know his role fully, but it will come because he's too bright a player for it not to. Nasri's involvement is an added complication I didn't expect, and his introduction yesterday gave us back control.

I think that as they get used to playing Pep's way, they will all become more fluid, and interchange positions more. Pep likes fixed positions in a game, but that doesn't mean that from game to game they won't move about. So far I think he's been our least effective forward player, and still doesn't seem to know his role fully, but it will come because he's too bright a player for it not to. Nasri's involvement is an added complication I didn't expect, and his introduction yesterday gave us back control.

Never had any doubt about Nasri's ability to fit in our new system. What I found surprising was that he was pushed up in positions I'd like to see De Bruyne in. When Aguero went off Samir seemed to be given a free role up front and was causing them all sorts of problems.

Out of the two, I'd say that Kevin is by far the more direct player and I think it would be really interesting to bring Nasri back to play alongside Silva and push Kevin into a role anywhere along that front three. I suppose the issue there is that Samir's less likely to be able to sustain a high press and Kevin doesn't typically put in as much of a shift on the wing as Sterling or Nolito.

Oh what problems we have nowadays!

Yes I agree. I think Nasri is more suited to playing the position of De Bruyne's current role. I actually think a Gundogan, Silva and Nasri 3 could operate in a similar way to Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi. Maybe not as good but in terms of technical ability and style similarity, I think it's close enough to be brilliantly effective. De Bruyne is an incisive player who effects games with one pass, not the type of player to control games with 61 passes.

Yes I agree. I think Nasri is more suited to playing the position of De Bruyne's current role. I actually think a Gundogan, Silva and Nasri 3 could operate in a similar way to Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi. Maybe not as good but in terms of technical ability and style similarity, I think it's close enough to be brilliantly effective. De Bruyne is an incisive player who effects games with one pass, not the type of player to control games with 61 passes.

DeBruyne is brilliant wherever he plays & was on Sunday.

Not everything he tries will come off. If he had scored the chance he missed & his free kick had gone in, then he would have been overwhelmingly the man of the match & all the other good stuff he did, highlighted. Because those didn't go in, people are looking at the bits that went wrong, rather than all the stuff which went right.

yeah it would be interesting to see how Nasri would fare in the position kdb has played so far this season. Feel Nasri has been slightly wasted playing outwide since he joined five years ago.

Doesn't have the dribbling not the close control to play in that silva role. His final ball at times is world class and he gets at least one of those in every game.

yeah it would be interesting to see how Nasri would fare in the position kdb has played so far this season. Feel Nasri has been slightly wasted playing outwide since he joined five years ago.
Only silva is on Nasris level intelligence wise, them two are on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.