Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real clas players take a few weeks to get into stride. He is warming up for a great season. Think he will get fitter as well.

Thought he's doing well under his new role. Although he's not banging in goals for us yet, it's because he's playing more as a central midfielder. He's tying in the back to the front nicely and his work rate impresses me. I notice that he's just on the edge of the box when we're attacking ready to track back when needed. A little unfortunate that passes didn't come his way to shoot, but it will come with time. I'm seeing what Pep is seeing that he'll be open to slot in some of his trademark goals once we start to click.

He also put in an inch perfect cross that Aguero just missed. He's one of those guys who can disappear for stretches, but when he pops up is absolutely deadly.

Early days so not getting to carried away but the front 5 look so intuitive and have such a freedom of movement around the pitch that it really is looking exciting, and the difference in the first touch of the players is incredible from last season.
I always thought last season not enough work was being done on the training field and we are beginning to see even average players like Kolorov improve there game immensely

I too have noticed a difference in KDB's play and I think what Pep is doing is something he did at both Barce and Bayern. In both of those teams he had a midfielder that would be the lynchpin of starting moves, connecting play and creativity. At Barce it was Xavi and at Bayern, Alonso. In each of those teams these players were the glue that kept everything together. It requires being good with your feet, being able to connect a pass be it 5 yards or 30, and a good tactical and positional awareness. All qualities KDB has in abundance.

The downside is that it will probably mean a few less goals and assists, so may be one to avoid for all the fantasy footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.