Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
KDB didn't have a pre season. Don't worry about him. Outstanding player who will have another great season.

Bit worried his new role is not getting the best out of him. He does more defensive work, but his strength is his final ball in the final 3rd. And he finds himself much deeper most of the time.
I'm thinking once we have Gundogan back this problem will be solved. Dinho's passing from deep isn't as good as it can be.

Wasn't overly impressed by him today, he looks off it. He wasn't terrible but he is very sloppy when he has time to think of what to do. When it is instinctive he can play some blinding passes. Seems to get muddled when he has too much time and picks the wrong option a lot.still rather have him with us than anywhere else. Especially the big games where the tempo is higher

I fear his lapses in concentration off the ball could cost us against the better sides in the league.

Excluding his magnificent ball in for our second, he was perhaps our weakest player today. Hopefully he will improve significantly once he's fully match fit.

He always was poor in match intelligence. Luckily, we hv Pep. So, I think KdB will improve on this aspect with more training & matches. He is certainly the player Pep has the most to work on, in the current system.

Unless the plan is to play Fernandinho at right back (I really hope not), then either Kev or Silva are losing their place when Gundogan's fit. Pre-season I'd have said Silva, but Silva looks far more comfortable at the moment.

I think the return of Gundogan will really help him. He's playing a little too deep at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.