Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain the difference across the entire side in the 2nd half? First half they were told to sit back and defend. By half time he'd worked out he'd messed up and adjusted for the 2nd half. Just look at the positions of Sane and Sterling in the first half compared to the second. Must be at least 30 yards deeper.

Because in the second half we made a huge change, which was to drop De Bruyne deep and make Silva do the press instead. It was more effective, plus Monaco sat back making it easier to do tbh.

De Bruyne was absolute pants last night, surely you can see that.

Because in the second half we made a huge change, which was to drop De Bruyne deep and make Silva do the press instead. It was more effective, plus Monaco sat back making it easier to do tbh.

De Bruyne was absolute pants last night, surely you can see that.
He was awful, but my argument was that it wasn't through a lack of effort. He's just not playing well at the moment.

As for the "huge change", it wasn't that De Bruyne dropped deeper, although he and Silva bot got closer to Dinho who was struggling to break the lines in the first half. You've been done by BT who mentioned that over and over again as if that was the only way to explain the change in momentum. It wasn't. In the second half we played our normal game, we pressed high, we looked to get Sane and Sterling in behind and we attacked. We didn't do what we'd done in the first half and try and simply defend our lead. Which was just stupid and I can't believe Pep thought we could do it.

There is clearly something not right with Kev at the moment but anyone questioning his attitude and desire need to give their head a wobble, the guy is a model professional.

What I want to know is why he was played as a defensive midfielder for most of last night.
He backed out of every tackle available to him and just let runners go past him.

KDB has never been a defensive player and what Pep is asking him and how he is positionning him is just against nature. KDB under performance, for me, comes one one main reason. He should switch position with Silva.
KDB is a creative player. He has a real vision of the dynamics of the game and if you want to get the best out of Sané and Sterling, you need them to be feeded by KDB because KDB gets that extra 0,5 seconds that makes him see the breach before opponents.
That's what I am talking about https://track5.mixtape.moe/jdcxnj.mp4

KDB has this ability to makes very fast and vertical passes. Also, you just can't ignore his assists stats and skills both in Bundesligua and PL. His link with Aguero is obvious. Not taking advantage of those skills by playing him too deep like in Monaco yesterday is just very very weird from Pep.

One of the best City's performance this year is that game at Old Trafford and that's exactly when Silva and KDB switched roles. both Silva and KDB probably played their best game of the season this day.

Bring KDB back upfront and you'll see what is is capable of.

How bad is this run of form. From Pep saying he's not at Messi level, but he's the closest thing to it.

At the start of the season, Kev was doing some outrageous and amazing things and they were coming off 9 times out of 10. It seems to me his confidence is shot, because he's still trying these amazing passes and now 9 times out of 10, they are not coming off.

I think he should go back to basics, stop trying the Hollywood pass every 2 minutes and concentrate on safely passing it to a player in light blue. Something he's doing far too little of. Build up from there, with a few solid rather than spectacular performances please.

Needs to take a long hard look at himself after last night's performance.
Wasteful again with his passing and gave away the free kick that led to the goal.
The free kick that he took at the end was a terrible waste of a chance and reminded me of the one late on against Real last season just on the bye line at the edge of the penalty area, when he went for glory instead of chipping it into the six yard box.

He was awful, but my argument was that it wasn't through a lack of effort. He's just not playing well at the moment.

As for the "huge change", it wasn't that De Bruyne dropped deeper, although he and Silva bot got closer to Dinho who was struggling to break the lines in the first half. You've been done by BT who mentioned that over and over again as if that was the only way to explain the change in momentum. It wasn't. In the second half we played our normal game, we pressed high, we looked to get Sane and Sterling in behind and we attacked. We didn't do what we'd done in the first half and try and simply defend our lead. Which was just stupid and I can't believe Pep thought we could do it.

You seem to think that we did everything. There was a team called Monaco on the field last night who also actually had an impact on the game.

They sat back at 2-0 and it coiincided with us dropping Kev deeper. Don't say we didn't, I'll let you find a dozen heat maps for him and Silva to show you are wrong.

1st half: Kev the second press(Kun is the first press in the system) and it was pants.
2nd half: Silva the second press, Kev dropped deep as a pivot. Press suddenly far better.

Two reasons. 1. Silva worked harder at it than Kev. 2. Monaco sat off a bit.

No one said it's lack of effort. He just looks absolutely mentally gone. Exhausted. Had Sterling had that game last night there'd be pitchforks out for him.

Kev is not good enough right now, and hasn't been for a long time now. It's getting to a concerning stage where we can't carry him in the next 6 games if he isn't contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.