Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

Calling DeBryune 'diabilical' for the first 25 minutes of a game he was rated Motm in, is laughable.

I wouldn't say he was diabolical but he wasn't effective in the no.10 position during that match though the rest of the team were pretty ineffective too. His MOTM award came from what he produced when he was moved out to the left side and Navas came on to the right with Silva moving to the more central position.

Personally I'd prefer to see Silva in the no. 10 position with Sterling and Navas wide in the same formation as we started the season.

Our problem isn't about keeping the ball - it's about creating chances. What's the use of having 60% possession if we just keep passing it sideways. Yes KDB lost the ball way too much for our liking. But without his risk taking, we'd just be watching them passing sideways until we fall asleep. If you notice, even when KDB was playing a shite game, anytime we had a decent chance to score in a game, you can bet KDB is involved in it.

I wouldn't say he was diabolical but he wasn't effective in the no.10 position during that match though the rest of the team were pretty ineffective too. His MOTM award came from what he produced when he was moved out to the left side and Navas came on to the right with Silva moving to the more central position.

Personally I'd prefer to see Silva in the no. 10 position with Sterling and Navas wide in the same formation as we started the season.

For me either in the number 10 with pace on both flanks. Balance.

For me either in the number 10 with pace on both flanks. Balance.

Is simply what this lad is and must be used accordingly...i think the way he can shift his feet and get a shot in/offload the ball at pace is his biggest attribute,so yeah,get him at 10 and we will see a load more goals/shots on target from around the box..

Last edited:
The thread itself was started out of spite. Somehow the OP concluded some pro-DeBryune fan took a shot at Silva, with the similarly named thread, so he feels the need to hit back.

It's all quite amusing really. Don't get me wrong. I like this thread, and think it's a legimate question to ask about our players. But the disingenuity is s bit off putting.
You really don't need to make up fake stories to support your emotional wishes. Calling DeBryune 'diabilical' for the first 25 minutes of a game he was rated Motm in, is laughable.

Silva and DeBryune have slightly different skill sets, but both can play the10 just fine.

Lol! You've used this "emotional" line 4 times now, I don't think it's as funny or clever a line as you appear to think it is.

You could probably get away with sneaking it out once, but 4 times you're now becoming like the lonely guy in the pub who repeatedly says "Computer says no" or "Am I bovvered" in a desperate attempt to fit in.

The irony of your "emotional" line is that I and @schfc6 have both given detailed posts, based on the intricacies of football as to why De Bruyne isn't suited to being a playmaker for Manchester City.

If you and that other guy don't understand it, that's ok. It's a sign of intelligence to hold your hands up and say you don't understand, to ask for someone to explain it to you, ask questions.

But it's a sign of fear and embarassment when you don't understand something and instead of asking questions you try to come out on the offensive.

Mine and Schfc's analysis of Silva and De Bruyne is based on watching and playing football for years and understanding how it works, understanding how City play, how Silva plays. It's the opposite of emotional, it's a cold tactical analysis. If you don't understand, that's ok, but don't try and come out on the offensive because it just makes you look silly.

Best post in the thread, spot on.

Mate, he put that Silveresque thr- ball assist to Aguero from the middle. Also when attacked Navas's cross for his goal from the middle. The static notion of 'who' was playing '#10' by the OP is purposeful.

Sure technically, he was the 'leftmid' at that point, but he and Silva interchanged seamlessly and he played Narrower, just like all our wide mids do bar Navas.

DeBryune is a playmaker. He makes plays! Assists, creates chances for teammates. He is a good shooter who score goals, and is generally disruptive, with his movements and drive.

Our problem isn't about keeping the ball - it's about creating chances. What's the use of having 60% possession if we just keep passing it sideways. Yes KDB lost the ball way too much for our liking. But without his risk taking, we'd just be watching them passing sideways until we fall asleep. If you notice, even when KDB was playing a shite game, anytime we had a decent chance to score in a game, you can bet KDB is involved in it.
In short, the definition of a playmaker.

Mate, he put that Silveresque thr- ball assist to Aguero from the middle. Also when attacked Navas's cross for his goal from the middle. The static notion of 'who' was playing '#10' by the OP is purposeful.

Sure technically, he was the 'leftmid' at that point, but he and Silva interchanged seamlessly and he played Narrower, just like all our wide mids do bar Navas.

DeBryune is a playmaker. He makes plays! Assists, creates chances for teammates. He is a good shooter who score goals, and is generally disruptive, with his movements and drive.

He kept doing this at woodison in the 1st leg and left Sagna exposed to fuk with unbelievably some blues giving Sagna stick,unreal.

Once you get past the emotional stuff from the kids, the thing which seems to be at the root of people's concerns about KDB seem to be that he is a player that can only play on the counter attack. For me I think that's just not true because his best performances and his most consistent contributions have come at home rather than away. We have more parked buses at the Etihad than we do on our away travels.

The key for me is simply consistency of position and consistency of selection. Moving Silva/KDB (and to a lesser extent Sterling) around different positions is turning their versatility as a virtue into a hinderance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.