Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

Not in my view. Dysfunctional team. KDB was below his club form and struggling to be involved in their play largely because their game was routed through Hazard

We must have been watching totally different tournaments. He was rated as one of if not the top playmaker in the entire tournament. Belgium wen't as he did.

looks like the kdb fan who stated that there was something missing from his game a few weeks ago was bang on the button. i can,t recall the posters name but obviously someone who has watched a great deal of his career to pick up even the most subtle reduction in quality from the player.

The belguim doctor talks of pysical fatigue being a problem with much of the squad,and when u look at the absence of Kompany due to physical wear and tear,Lukakos lack of sharpness, and several other players looking below their best,esp those competing in the highly competitve prem..it appears to be that same old problem.Too much football. players treated like race horses, whilst many fans think they are lazy and unintrested, i believe to improve the quality of such high profile international summer tournments( and the premier league) there needs to be a reduction in the number of games players are asked to take part in.

Instead , the opposite is happening. Make way for the high profile pe season juants to china germany,Austarlia,Thailand and USA. Get ready for city v utd in China for a few more dollars to help comply with fair play regulations set by the corrupt uefa bossses who themselves wouldn,t recognize fair play if they fell over it.
Yes they are highly paid for what they do. yes we,d all love to be in their shoes, but this rampant ,greedy attempt to build as much football as possible into the calender year can only have a negative effect on the quality thats served up.
Ever escalating season ticket prices,lower quality football...there is an imbalance there that surely cannot last.

Maybe the Belguim doctors comments should be considered by all who appreciate the beautiful game....not a chance in hell.sadly.

Should we believe this doctor when his colleagues run onto the pitch 20 times a game with a wet sponge to heal a broken leg, how are these people not sickened to the core by all the fakers on the football field and have any kind of self respect after pretending to treat them, it is a joke.

I wonder how tennis players playing a 5 setter over 4 hours long feel when the next day they have to possibly do it all again ?

Men fit as a fit can be can't play more than 1 game a week, laughable stuff really, maybe they should take a fucking pay cut as well and then they wouldn't have to play friendlies across the globe.

Can anyone else see Pep giving De Bruyne a go in midfield? He likes someone with a range of passing and who can split defences with balls into the strikers. Would make sure he's more involved too instead of flitting in and out of games.

We must have been watching totally different tournaments. He was rated as one of if not the top playmaker in the entire tournament. Belgium wen't as he did.
He's a special talent but he flitted in and out of games.

Can anyone else see Pep giving De Bruyne a go in midfield? He likes someone with a range of passing and who can split defences with balls into the strikers. Would make sure he's more involved too instead of flitting in and out of games.
He would need to improve a lot of attributes in his general play. Personally I can't see it happen yet, but Pep has done weirder things in recent years. :)

I'll be shocked if he doesn't.

Should we believe this doctor when his colleagues run onto the pitch 20 times a game with a wet sponge to heal a broken leg, how are these people not sickened to the core by all the fakers on the football field and have any kind of self respect after pretending to treat them, it is a joke.

I wonder how tennis players playing a 5 setter over 4 hours long feel when the next day they have to possibly do it all again ?

Men fit as a fit can be can't play more than 1 game a week, laughable stuff really, maybe they should take a fucking pay cut as well and then they wouldn't have to play friendlies across the globe.
Hang on a min Blue..take another look at my post.
Are you saying our Kompany and kdb sicken you to the core because they can,t play more than one game in a week?
There is a big difference between those who feign injury( which isn,t what my post is about, and you know it) and those footballers whose performances are reduced in quality by the non-stop fixture list which carries on throughout the year, a lot of the time carrying injury which never gets better.

Not quite sure why you,ve brought tennis to the debate...not every match goes to five sets over four hours,and rarely do players have to pay the next day..pretty irrelevant comparison really..when do tennis players get kicked on their achilles and try to battle on, or have a weak ankle targeted and have to battle on ,not many elbowed in the head/throat and have to continue or have a players studs raked down their achilles like kdb ...and thenface three months out
ive played both tennis and football for the past three decades, .. sunday morning footy, i was always relieved when the summer came and i could take up tennis as it meant a less gruelling but still enjoyable sport,and no injuries...unlike footy where you,d often be limping the next day with some injury or other. dont think tennis is a good sport to compare in the context of your view of lazy footballers...
The belguim doctor was giving an honest assesment of the physical and mental well-being of his squad.Many folk on here have said they hope kdb gets a good rest betweeen now and the start of the season..ive openly suggested i doubt he will get that..Pep our new manager, widely regarded as the best manager in world football has said to our captain, take your time, get your body right..i suppose kompany is a faker too...

Consider the real reason the euros have been pretty mediocre. too many games. safety first tactics...the sensible way to play when your players are fucked after a gruelling season, which all top european players have to undertake...that season starts again now.

we,as consumers,have THE right, if we wish, from our armchairs, to say lazy footballers, and it was different in our day...doesn,t mean to say you ARE right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.