Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

If we stop playing him on the right wing he can further prove his quality. we have to make hard choices and either play him OR silva on the left or 10, but not together.
Sterling and Navas should only play on the right. Silva and DeBryune on the left and midde. You can drop on of Silva DeBryune if you are going for a 442. You can play both if in a 451.

I think the notion that those 2 can't play together is silly. I've seen them interchange intelligent passes enough to know they'll be great once they click. And can only happen if you play them together.

Manuel gets this, so he will keep playing them together until the bond holds. And then we will enjoy the fruits of their struggle. I reckon this will happen towards the business end of the season.

What's with this rest bullshit. He hadn't played for a week before Saturday. At that age do you need more rest than that? If he needs a rest just let him sit out training for a couple of days.

What's with this rest bullshit. He hadn't played for a week before Saturday. At that age do you need more rest than that? If he needs a rest just let him sit out training for a couple of days.
I don't think you can underestimate 3 weeks off in Germany instead of our hectic no break winter period over here,he could do with a break of sorts if only as you say not as much training

You clearly don't understand what a playmaker is and what the role involves, so there's no point wasting time analysing each of those performances individually because you'll probably never understand it.

Using Newcastle, United away and Sevilla at home of examples of when De Bruyne has been our "best playmaker" are as alarming as they are bizarre so let's leave it there.

So because I've provided you games in which he's flourished as a playmaker you're trying to act self righteous and intelligent.

Ha ha. I'd watch more football if I was you mate.

He needs to be rested for away games .
I agree, De Bruyne is a fabulous player, at home he is probably City's most potent threat in terms of creating chances (only Silva can compare IMHO). However he just can't seem to do it away from home, as his statistics show. Reminds me a bit of Robinho in the early days, as Robinho was pretty good at home, but invisible in away games.

1. Newcastle he started the game as a playmaker in the first 25 minutes and Silva was on the right. It was the worst City performance since the takeover, the team was getting booed. De Bruyne was diabolical in the first 25 minutes. So much so, that the manager swapped De Bruyne and Silva, so De Bruyne went to right wing and Silva moved in the middle and played as the playmaker. We scored 6 goals in 20 minutes. With Silva as the playmaker.

2. De Bruyne was absolutely awful at home to Sevilla. If his job was to be the playmaker, he didn't do it very well because we got absolutely outclassed. He scored a superb winning goal in the last minute, but that doesn't mean his playmaking skills were very good does it.

3. I went to Old Trafford with 4 mates. De Bruyne played left wing, and all 5 of us agreed that De Bruyne was our worst player on the day. It was actually the worst I have ever seen De Bruyne play, so for you to use that as an example of when De Bruyne has excelled as a playmaker makes me think you either don't really understand what a playmaker is, or you're just on here to wind people up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.