Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how realistic it would be for him to be a finalist earlier today...he's got a slim chance but I think that the french league is such shit that Neymar is a lock for it :(

8/1 for PFA POY would be a great value bet if it wasn't so GD corrupt.

Neymar can bag 50 goals in the french league but will never win it unless he fires psg to a champions league victory. With De bruyne its the same. Be the key player to winning both the champions league and league trophy and he will have a very good chance of being in contention. The best thing about de bruyne is I actually believe he has another level to move onto. This is a player who can get 15-20 goals a season along with the number of assists he gets with the quality he has

Big season for his career.

Have his seasons stagnated to date because we've burnt him out or he just doesnt have it in him to be year round consistent?

Bringing in Bernardo and having Gundo and even Raheem...and possibly Sanchez in Jan will give us ample chances to actually manage him better and rotate him, sub more etc.

So lets see how he does this year, because if managed right it could be mega.

Neymar can bag 50 goals in the french league but will never win it unless he fires psg to a champions league victory. With De bruyne its the same. Be the key player to winning both the champions league and league trophy and he will have a very good chance of being in contention. The best thing about de bruyne is I actually believe he has another level to move onto. This is a player who can get 15-20 goals a season along with the number of assists he gets with the quality he has

Completely agree with your analysis regarding contention for ballon d'or. To be honest I was stuck on third place but you're right. I think he's got another level in him too but I think it's more to do with experience over time rather than any glaring instantaneous improvements.

I'm not so sure I agree with you regarding the goals. A lot of folks are expecting double digits but I'll be happy if he's in the 8-12 range. I just think he'll be sitting back and distributing more-so than last year. There's less of a need for him to score with Gaby + Jesus getting ~20-25. We're working with a pretty small sample size but last year he was getting a little over 2.5 shots per game and that's down to around 2. Just a hunch with a little bit of data thrown in there but if he's getting 15 we should easily break the scoring record.

Edit: three sites showing three different stats so just ignore that boring data. I'd be more than happy to see him get more than 10 but if he does it'll be a bonus for me.

Last edited:

We could do the treble, KDB scoring a hatrick in the CL final and assisting 40+ goals in the league, whilst scoring in every round of the FA cup, he won't get a sniff...

If ever you wanted a barometer to the corruption look at yaya 13/14, he was hands down the best midfielder in Europe that year, nevermind the prem and was totally ignored..... kun 11/12? Silva maybe 5 out of 7 seasons should be in the running at least

Unfortunately there is a caveat to this process - a city player stands out because he should, the money dictates the decision and thus is seen as inevitable, therefore an easy decision to ignore!

We could do the treble, KDB scoring a hatrick in the CL final and assisting 40+ goals in the league, whilst scoring in every round of the FA cup, he won't get a sniff...

If ever you wanted a barometer to the corruption look at yaya 13/14, he was hands down the best midfielder in Europe that year, nevermind the prem and was totally ignored..... kun 11/12? Silva maybe 5 out of 7 seasons should be in the running at least

Unfortunately there is a caveat to this process - a city player stands out because he should, the money dictates the decision and thus is seen as inevitable, therefore an easy decision to ignore!
To look at it objectively, nobody in the world could've won in the past as long as Messi/Ronaldo are still breathing. Truth be told in the future if Kev wants to win Ballon d' Or, he has to carry city to win the PL and the UCL. If we don't win the UCL then Belgium must win either the Euro or the WC with him as the main man. Tough but doable I'd say.

To look at it objectively, nobody in the world could've won in the past as long as Messi/Ronaldo are still breathing. Truth be told in the future if Kev wants to win Ballon d' Or, he has to carry city to win the PL and the UCL. If we don't win the UCL then Belgium must win either the Euro or the WC with him as the main man. Tough but doable I'd say.

My point was that recognition stems from peers, domestically then internationally, unfortunately we are bypassed at domestic level so I wouldn't hold your breath internationally!

KDB reminded me of slippery Gerrard in his prime years. I'm glad someone like that playin with City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.