Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, he's priceless and cannot be bought, but if the diving show-pony Neymar cost £200m, I wonder how much KDB would be worth on an open market.

If Belgium win the WC he deserves the Ballon d'Or
This is the reason I logged on to Bluemoon this morning. To say the exact same thing. He was exceptional against Brazil. Lukaku and Hazard were good too, but De Bruyne has produced magic in every position he has played.

Please let them beat France, then nothing can stop KDB winning the Ballon D'or

We don't yet know how this World Cup will evolve but it is clear that there has been a passing of the baton in terms of the top players in European football. It had to happen but I did not see this happening at this World Cup. I thought Martinez would mess it up but he hasn't.

Obviously, he's priceless and cannot be bought, but if the diving show-pony Neymar cost £200m, I wonder how much KDB would be worth on an open market.
Don't go there. Real Madrid might try. I would if I were them. They can try though

This is the reason I logged on to Bluemoon this morning. To say the exact same thing. He was exceptional against Brazil. Lukaku and Hazard were good too, but De Bruyne has produced magic in every position he has played.

Please let them beat France, then nothing can stop KDB winning the Ballon D'or

We don't yet know how this World Cup will evolve but it is clear that there has been a passing of the baton in terms of the top players in European football. It had to happen but I did not see this happening at this World Cup. I thought Martinez would mess it up but he hasn't.
He wasn't exceptional for me, he was simply playing at his meticulous norm. We are so lucky to have him on our books

His propensity to be so decisive especially in big games sets him apart as just that downright more ruthlessly effecient player, thats a big deal in comparison to many other top payers.

His strike against Brazil was really just another one in a series of brilliant strikes leaving the defenses of top teams in shock and even withought a chance to begin with. Just that extra inch by which he managed to get Marcello to run out, and then that perfect ball from 20 meters in a corner spot where the keeper would never get to it and Marcello just lacked that extra feet size. Flashbacks to similar moments trough the year where he decisivly crushed the hopes of our main rivals with excelent technical strikes from distance, shots that are so hard to defend because of the sheer quality of it. He's the kind of guy that any team or star will have serious worries about when they face him, perhaps even downright fear.

That could happen. I hope it does.

Not a chance.

You need both Ronaldo and Messi to retire or there will be no other winners.

OK this is what I think would need to happen for him to stand a chance.

KDB gets a big MOTM against France with goal(s) and does the same in the final, scoring the winning goal in the final. That would get him the golden ball.

Then he'd need to have a record breaking start to the season with us. Ozil got 19 assists in the first half of the season in 14/15 - Kev would need to be putting up those kind of numbers maybe breaking the assist record of 20 before Christmas and add ~15 goals, to the point where he's being already crowned POTY definitively. No discussion, no Salah etc. just definitive.

Add some MOTM performances in the big Champions League games when everyone is watching.

As a team we'd need to be doing similar things to last season, breaking winning streak records, posting obscene goal numbers, surging to a double figure lead in the league and having some big wins in the top 6 games.

While all of that is happening, Ronaldo would need to have a slow start at Juventus, to the point where like this season he only had a handful of goals by the voting in December and Messi needs to not be at his best.

If all of that happened, he'd have a good chance.

Ronaldo and his combustible nature may not suit the Italian league as equitably as the Spanish league if he is not firing in the number of goals as quickly and frequently as he does for Madrid. Messi's a no brainer. He'll continue to be his normal brilliant self for Barcelona but if Kev shines for Belgium in the next two games in the world cup and continues his brilliant form for us there may be no option but to award it to De Bruyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.