Khaldoon End Of Season Interview Thread

that was my thinking to and they way he talked about Lampard.. it's a message to all players who city are interested in now and in the future..

It certainly was. The rest of the interview was just bog-standard PR. You could have predicted every question, in fact a few of us did. But that section struck me as odd until the penny dropped. Sterling will have watched that and compared it with the way that "classy" Liverpool have handled his departure. And as you say, other players too.

We flogged a dead horse trying to spread that over two days.

The second part is not something I need or want to hear at this present time, regardless of the brilliance of the business concept.

Time to be focused again on the one and only City.

Mr Chairman hit all the right notes in the first interview and should have left it there.

Like I said, yesterday, I felt an twinge of embarrassment for Khaldoon, having to sit there and defend highly-paid people who have let him and Sheikh Mansour down.

Agree with this last paragraph. I think he did his best to look positive and look forwards, but it was clear he thought the manager and others fell way below expectations.

I'm not sure I agree about flogging a dead horse though. I think we got fairly decent coverage across the media of our renewed intent and purpose in the transfer market this summer.

that was my thinking to and they way he talked about Lampard.. it's a message to all players who city are interested in now and in the future..
I don't know, I read it as more of an attempt at reinforcing for the fans what kind of player culture he wants City to have. I find it highly dubious that Raheem Sterling or any other player (or agent) would even know that these interviews exist, let alone actually watch them and then realise that part of it might be a veiled message aimed at them. Heck, I doubt most of our current squad have even watched it. The sad thing is that players do not act like fans - they don't eagerly drink in any media the club puts out.

I was interested to hear Khaldoon talking about CFG and expansion, especially as I thought it was a topic they preferred to stay silent on, keeping their cards close to their chest. I'm not surprised by Khaldoon's answer though - sounds like they need a decent consolidation period after NYCFC and Melbourne City's first full seasons under CFG, neither of which have gone very smoothly.

I'm happy to let the next 6 or 7 weeks or so unfold and see if we do bring any signings in of similiar stature to the last true marquee signing we made in Sergio Aguero. Thats the quality we'll need to go to the next level, which our Chairman alludes to.

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating.

Last edited:
Must say that part 2 told us a lot more than part 1 in regards to the future... CFG will continue to grow by buying up clubs when they find something suitable, City will act as a kind of blueprint for all clubs under the CFG umbrella.
All CFG clubs are expected to compete for titles, and preferably win some of them.. or else

The rest are mainly a bit of general feelgood boosting I think.

Until I see what CFG does directly for us then I don't see why I should care. That second part of the interview was all information I didn't really care to hear.

Regardless, the first part hit all the right notes for me. I genuinely look forward to this interview every year.

prior to the take over ,a lot of players left without a backward glance some even stuck the boot in ,not today its seems people are treated very very well,thats a important consideration for any new recruits, its all good we have a fantastic future

Until I see what CFG does directly for us then I don't see why I should care. That second part of the interview was all information I didn't really care to hear.

Regardless, the first part hit all the right notes for me. I genuinely look forward to this interview every year.
well today there is maybe 10,000 under 16s footballers affiliated to the group ,see any benefits in that? not to mention partnerships such as citi bank ,

It was a load of fluff, cotton wool, statement of the bleedin' obvious, saying what he thought we wanted to hear, whatever you want to call it. Beautifully done but no insight or anything remotely challenging. It was instantly forgettable, unlike the others he's done. That's fine if you like that sort of thing but just accept some of us like a bit more substance over style. And cut out the abuse please.

You keep banging on about how useless his speech is. What would You want to year to make it interesting. For You at least ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.