Khaldoon Interview on OS

ballinio said:
SheeshKebab said:
ballinio said:
And where would we find this impartial proper journalist you speak of , any names ?
Ian Ladyman
the treatment these press vermin give our club & you want to see ian ladyman grill our chairman ? He answers to the Sheik & the fans , he doesn`t owe the press not one word.

He does not, in any way answer to the fans.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Comes over very well,classy,charismatic and leads from the front.We are vey lucky to have him as Sheikh Mansours right hand man.

Believe me the Club could not be in better hands. The management team will prove to be one of the best in Europe. The comprehensive vision for the future of City should make every Blue proud. There is no doubt that City have the best owners in world football.

It's onwards and upwards from now on.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Comes over very well,classy,charismatic and leads from the front.We are vey lucky to have him as Sheikh Mansours right hand man.

This is how I have perceived him from his first to his very last interview but according to some it comes across as spin and smarminess, I don't know what kind of spin doctors they have working at City but I bet Alistair Campbell is taking notes!

S04 said:
80s Shorts said:
ballinio said:
the treatment these press vermin give our club & you want to see ian ladyman grill our chairman ? He answers to the Sheik & the fans , he doesn`t owe the press not one word.

He does not, in any way answer to the fans.

Good..

For good or otherwise it is a fact.

In terms of putting him under actual questioning... what are you hoping to achieve exactly?
What is it that you believe he is hiding? Or what is it you want to know?

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
ballinio said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
He says all the right things, and he seems to be doing a good job, but it's easy when you know and pick the questions on an official site.

I'd like to see a proper journalist press him, just so we can get more interesting responses than the vague all pleasing comments.

I would like to see him quizzed on last summers transfer policy and what lessons have been learnt. On what steps (other than building a new training ground) we're taking to ensure homegrown players are fed into the starting 11, especially considering he's said developing youth is important in each of his last 3 interviews and we're not seeing the fruit of it in the first team.
And where would we find this impartial proper journalist you speak of , any names ?

Chris Bailey could have perhaps asked more pressing questions. Although I'm aware mcfc.co.uk is more of a publicity/propaganda platform.

Well of course it bloody is. Its like any corporate website and is designed to present City in the best possible light. Equally Khaldoon did address the Mancini sacking and gave his (diplomatic) views on the season so its not as if these issues were ignored. And in case you hadn't noticed Ferran did the sit down with the press last week covering some of the same issues.

What was interesting for me was the impression that going forward we are no longer 'mucking about'. Prior to winning the PL it was what we 'think we can do with City' but now its we 'know what we can do with City' because we have already done it and we want more of it and we want it ever year. Frankly its difficult not to get excited about the level and boldness of the ambition on and off the pitch. If you ain't getting excited as a City fan then you might as well be dead.

Trollsmoan said:
WEMBLEY76 said:

This is how I have perceived him from his first to his very last interview but according to some it comes across as spin and smarminess, I don't know what kind of spin doctors they have working at City but I bet Alistair Campbell is taking notes!

Spin is all part of the business football now is.

Those who have the most money will float to the surface afloat of their

rafts supported by multi billion pound ballast.

I can still enjoy the spectacle, but that is all it now is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.