Khaldoon Interview on OS

His voice is so nice, I didn't actually take any of it in I was just enjoying the tone of his voice. Going to bed now and i'm going to use the interview to get me to sleep.

ImAwesome said:
His voice is so nice, I didn't actually take any of it in I was just enjoying the tone of his voice. Going to bed now and i'm going to use the interview to get me to sleep.

He sure talks the talk. Let's see if he walks the walk.

flyer said:
I've been a City fan since 1966 and I know there's never been a time to be more optimistic of being a blue in al that time.

Of course the people in charge will make mistakes, that's just part and parcel of changing a whole lot of the crap we've had for years

These people genuinely want CITY to be a major player from now on in. How the fuck can that be a bad thing

Ask them not me, I've been supporting City since 76 and well 36th years of not much winning at the right end of the table and lack of major investment and had plenty enough of being shit, I'm practically as happy as pig in mud with our new owners and dumbfounded that some people are moaning, but I guess there's always going to be a few odd ones!

must admit i think the way Mr Khaldoon speaks and says we wanna win everything we entre without being arrogant is clss not many ppl can pull this off

flyer said:
RobertFish said:
bluemurray said:
I watched the interview on the OS. The people on here - the Lord only knows why they bother to call themselves City fans - who are moaning and begrudging need to give their heads a good wobble. I cannot belief there are still people out there who doubt the sincerity and determination of the owners. These people have pumped some serious dosh into our club. I suspect - once the stadium is extended, new players bought and the Academy up and running a sum somewhere close to the billion-pound mark will have been invested or earmarked for future development.

Good Lord, I can remember every close season for eons listening to Swales rambling on about us having to "cut our cloth accordingly" while putting out spurious nonsense about us making "major signings" only to have the MEUN reporting our ever increasingly desperate chase of Paul Stewart or whoever and we'd end up with Adolphus Grunfuckwit from FC Nowhere while the North Stand might get a lick of paint... or not.

I still have to pinch myself when I consider the progress we have made in less than 5-years. Incredible. But somewhat less incredible than some of the moaning, whining, brain-dead morons who post on here actually comparing the chairman to Tony Blair?? Or making bold statements like "I'll believe it when I see it"!!??? WHAT?? Hello!!!! Open your fu*king eyes.. smell the coffee!!! Like "WAKE UP!!"

If the current owners up sticks and left at 6am tomorrow morning they will still have done more for the great entity that is Manchester City FC than any other collective group or individual in the last 100-odd years!

Cheers Khaldoon and if you can ever be arsed to actually read some of this tripe, please try to remember that the moaners and doubters represent a very small minority of us!

Well said.

+1

+2
We are so lucky to have these people running our club. Pure class from the very top. And his final comments were to thank the fans, not once but quite a few times.

brian the blue said:
ImAwesome said:

He's been doing that since we were fortunate enough to acquire his services,i'm pretty sure that's very obvious to the overwhelming majority of grateful City supporters.

One thing that definitely comes across,the board does not accept association with any sort of failure,it has been taken personally,and subsequently,a repeat of last seasons will not happen again.

2012/13 may well prove to have been a blessing in disguise.......

But I thought he was going to get bored of his little distraction and pull out after a few years?

Seriously, this guy is one of the best chairmen we could ever wish for. He calm, cool, has the money to go a long way, but the best part is how he responds to the fans, when he talks about the highlights he talks about how important those two occasions were for the fans. I also enjoy how genuine everything he says seems to be. It doesn't just feel like a standard chairman interview where he reads a lifeless pre-planned speech but one that comes from the heart.

I love this guy and as a club, we couldn't possibly get someone better at the helm.

brian the blue said:
ImAwesome said:

And what walk would that be exactly?

I would confidently say that our chairman has walked the walk rather successfully over the last three seasons and admirably so. There is a no more dignified and charismatic a chairman in the Premier League than Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

In fact Brian, I'm sure if you asked him nicely, he would have a nice word to say to you too!

Is there a more classy and eloquent Chairman in the EPL?

Not his native language yet not a single English error in the whole interview that I noticed. Also, was consistently crystal clear in stating his vision for the Club. Very, very impressive! These are such exciting times for our Club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.