Khaldoons End of Season Interview

There's times I've wanted to hear stuff like that come out, still do tbh. But the one thing Khaldoon (and the ownership) are, is patient. Always playing the long game. I'm not sure exactly what that is, but we're winning stuff, and I guess that's part of it, so... (shrugs)...
It's a very long game and you could argue that, as we're winning things, that's the main thing. But it's not like we don't know what's going on, yet we toady up to Liverpool instead of telling them to fuck off.

He is still reffing. He’s had a few complaints, certainly from one team in particular we used to play against, where he butted heads with their secretary/manager

I always tried to get on with him off the pitch, but wasn’t keen on his game management whilst reffing
I'm tempted to post a match report from a few years back , but data protection forbids me , what league is he still plying his trade ?

He is an absolute class act and we are very lucky to have him.

Chances our he will be right, his previous words of football will decide who where right (against UEFA) have proved accurate.

We are now in with UEFA and you will imagine at some time Ferran will be on the board.

The PL the outcome of this may well be similar and ultimately the club (no matter what we think or say) will want to be a big voice such as United/ Liverpool.

There is no scenario where he goes after a load of our rivals unless we need to.

They will leverage a position for continued success.

I've heard this before. We had concrete evidence that Liverpool were mounting what can only be described as a full-scale espionage operation against us.

We apparently sacked a number of people who we believed were carrying that out. I was told we'd see Liverpool execs led out in handcuffs. I'm still waiting. The simple fact is that they're so politically sensitive about the way they're viewed that they won't do anything to upset the apple cart, even if that involves humiliation after humiliation. And that's despite being told that the worst thing you can do is humiliate and disrespect these people.
It’s another World though PB.

While sometimes it seems like City leave the fans to do the fighting for them I think there is a message there.

Most operations would look at the negative PR we have had for years and wonder why we don’t fight. It’s become apparent that, while the fans might be annoyed, the club itself know it’s all noise and not to get distracted from its targets.

The club being named the Number One Football Brand in the World, despite the noise, is testament that what other people say is having little effect. Khaldoon could have ignored that report, as it’s one of many, but instead he stressed it.

The best way to combat our detractors is to keep on track and not be pulled into petty arguments. The fact that everyone else is trying to throw us of course is a good sign or they wouldn’t be bothered about us. City don’t get bogged down in it like we do and while our competition are wasting their time plotting against us,they aren’t improving themselves. In some respects this does not hurt City.

If there is a lesson here it’s ignore the noise and don’t react to it because that is exactly what they want. Khaldoon would never actively say to the fans don’t get involved but their actions show the way forward. Keep positive and only react when absolutely necessary.

On the field we are winning everything. It might look passive but it’s destroying the opposition. City absolutely know what they are doing and it certainly isn’t being passive and open to humiliation.

What have our American red friends got to show for their campaign against us? Relegated to celebrating a top 4 place and looking to sell their clubs.Now that’s defeat and humiliation.

We are not just winning, we are pulverising them, just not the way you think we should.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.