Khaldoon's End of Season Review | Pt 1 (p26) | Pt 2 (p40)

The reality is: As fans, we get radio silence from the club for 364 days a year. We have a CEO in Soriano who appears to have taken a Trappist monk style vow of silence. The club refuse to communicate and interact with the fans on any meaningful basis on any important topic - and those thoughts are echoed on this forum almost on a daily basis. Then on one day of the year, we get a circa 20 minute, highly choreographed, rehearsed Q&A from Khaldoon and some people, think it's fantastic. It's not. The overall communication between the club and fans is absolutely abysmal, and has been for years. Yeah, I like Khaldoon, I like his style, everybody does. But is that really, the best the club can do? Obviously, it is.

Things could be far worse.

We could be as badly run as Chelsea. We were taken over in 2008 and have had just four managers in that time in Hughes, Mancini, Pellegrini and Guardiola.

Imagine how many Chelsea have had?
Khaldoon has hired 3 managers.

Bobby Manc, Pellegrini (on a pre agreed 'interim' basis) and Pep.

All 3 achieved success under initially difficult circumstances using flair and attractive attacking football.

Each appointment was an improvement on its predecessor which demonstrates outstanding judgment.

Long may this continue.

I demand a daily hotline to Khaldoon - Just what is he having from Greggs for lunch? And he should tell me all about the involved legal process with the 115 so I can tell my mates in the pub.
And why didn't he and Soriano don their "On The Buses" outfits in Istanbul when they saw there were queues? Not being able to get on the lash in Taksim Square, 30 minutes after the game - ruined a perfectly good Treble. Sitting there in their Ivory Tower, building the most successful and best Football club in history, growing the club and its affiliates globally, improving the facilities year on year, having to balance who to attack/appease and when, providing the greatest football manager ever for 7 years - and supporting him totally.
Perhaps a warts an all drama "Khaldoon - the Non-Communicator" where we see him having a shit, reading Liew and Ronay in the Guardian on the bog and shouting expletives at White and Jordan playing in the background, will placate a few.
Yes the club could involve some fans more - we have some accomplished, intelligent fans who would be brilliant for the club to discuss everyday fan involvement/experience, issues with - City Matters is just a tick box waste of everyone's time. But on the whole......it's not been bad.

Last edited:
I demand a daily hotline to Khaldoon - Just what is he having from Greggs for lunch? And he should tell me all about the involved legal process with the 115 so I can tell my mates in the pub.
And why didn't he and Soriano don their "On The Buses" outfits in Istanbul when they saw there were queues? Not being able to get on the lash in Taksim Square, 30 minutes after the game - ruined a perfectly good Treble. Sitting there in their Ivory Tower, building the most successful and best Football club in history, growing the club and it's affiliates globally, improving the facilities year on year, having to balance who to attack/appease and when, providing the greatest football manager ever for 7 years - and supporting him totally.
Perhaps a warts an all drama "Khaldoon - the Non-Communicator" where we see him having a shit, reading Liew and Ronay in the Guardian on the bog and shouting expletives at White and Jordan playing in the background, will placate a few.
Yes the club could involve some fans more - we have some accomplished, intelligent fans who would be brilliant for the club to discuss everyday fan involvement/experience, issues with - City Matters is just a tick box waste of everyone's time. But on the whole......it's not been bad.

What has Khaldoon ever done for us.

The reality is: As fans, we get radio silence from the club for 364 days a year. We have a CEO in Soriano who appears to have taken a Trappist monk style vow of silence. The club refuse to communicate and interact with the fans on any meaningful basis on any important topic - and those thoughts are echoed on this forum almost on a daily basis. Then on one day of the year, we get a circa 20 minute, highly choreographed, rehearsed Q&A from Khaldoon and some people, think it's fantastic. It's not. The overall communication between the club and fans is absolutely abysmal, and has been for years. Yeah, I like Khaldoon, I like his style, everybody does. But is that really, the best the club can do? Obviously, it is.
Is it fuck the best they could do. If they were any good the bastards would make sure we win some silverware occasionally.

BASTARDS

Only bits I can see varying this year are him going extra heavy on the academy

Last time he went big on the academy was promoting Rony Lopes and Denayer to the first team and talking about how they were integral to future plans 2/3 weeks before they both left the club.

So I suspect he will not be mentioning much outside of Phil.

Khaldoon has hired 3 managers.

Bobby Manc, Pellegrini (on a pre agreed 'interim' basis) and Pep.

All 3 achieved success under initially difficult circumstances using flair and attractive attacking football.

Each appointment was an improvement on its predecessor which demonstrates outstanding judgment.

Long may this continue.
Pellegrini an improvement on Mancini?

I beg to differ.

Wonder if he'll be bored this summer and take the Sheikh's money away.
Yeah.

Think you've nailed it.

He will make a statement saying; "You've won.We're selling the club to an American who owns the Detroit Lions so you can have your favourite red shirts winning every season. We tried to introduce real sporting competition to this league, and to European football. It's seems Mr Levy and others only want to make millions for themselves over their teams on the pitch success. I wish you all luck with your new financial rules ensuring Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool can dominate your league forever. We tried and you didn't want competition or help with regeneration of the City of Manchester with our money. Thank you and goodbye."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.