kick Quinn out

Quinn was not a bad footballer.Good in the air[obviously given his height] he also had quite a deft touch for a big man and scored some great goals.On one momentous occasion he scored the winner,then had to go in goal and saved a penalty,against Derby i think?

I am not sure how he warrants a place in some hall of fame though.His goals never saved us from relegation,won us a trophy or got us promoted.He was just another run of the mill footballer who played for us and moved on.It shows how bad we were for so many years if some fans voted him into a hall of fame!

2cnwkli.jpg

this meme describes football fans to a tee!!

too much bullshit about a former player - get a grip people. the guy is a footballer and did a good job for us when he played for us, but then he moved on, i suggest some of you lot do the same!

I understand that it must be frustrating for some people to hear an old City cult hero praise another side and seemingly run our name through the mud whenever he's given the chance, but the fact is that he's played for other teams and we can't expect him to forget his employers outside of City.

He was at Sunderland just as long as he was at City and he went on to be Sunderland's chairman after his career ended. Surely that gives Sunderland a higher standing in his order of preference? And so what if it does? Niall Quinn is one person. We can do well whether we have his support or not.

Don't see why he is worthy of the hall of fame if I'm honest. A good serviceman for us yes, but any more so than say, Richard Dunne? SWP? Uwe? I don't think so. Not got a problem with him but he does come out with some shit about City. I hope he doesn't commentate tomorrow for the sake of those watching on tv, imagine how biased he would look considering we are playing Sunderland.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
I understand that it must be frustrating for some people to hear an old City cult hero praise another side and seemingly run our name through the mud whenever he's given the chance, but the fact is that he's played for other teams and we can't expect him to forget his employers outside of City.

He was at Sunderland just as long as he was at City and he went on to be Sunderland's chairman after his career ended. Surely that gives Sunderland a higher standing in his order of preference? And so what if it does? Niall Quinn is one person. We can do well whether we have his support or not.

its the fact that whenever he commentates on us on sky, he always will's the opposition on.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:

City Raider said:
after summerbee sky probably think all proper blues are nutters :)

Summerbee was brilliant.He is a proud blue and won't kiss arse or be cowed by the rag loving media and tells it as it is.I remember him years ago after we got beaten by the rags at the swamp and went down,being asked if we were good enough to stay up and he told the truth and said no,so he doesn't just stick up for us whatever.

Quinn refers to us as Man City and not just City as most ex players do. To me it sounds like he has retained little affection for the club based on his commentary and when a pundit.

His commentary against Arsenal away and Newcastle in the cup this year was particularly one sided.

As a co-commentator he talks far too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.