kicked off in a salford pub

r.soleofsalford said:
Blue Punter said:
Two of my mates went round Salford pubs selling Christmas cards a few years ago. They did ok until they went in the Flat Iron. One lad did the vault, the other in the lounge.

My mate in the lounge approached a dozen lads who had their drugs in full show on the table. He was bluntly told to fck off and stop mithering. Taking the hint, he headed for the exit. On the way out he told the other lad in the vault he'd run out of cards, but there was a few in the lounge who were interested.

He went outside and waited. About a minute later, his mate ran out of the boozer wearing a pint of lager and a load of cig dimps in his hair.

i know im crossing threads here, but we could start a collection and ask brooklandsblue2 if he could visit the flat iron and give one of his inspiration seminars.

You just couldn't help yourself could you ? lol

platty7 said:
whipper said:
The Woolpack was the one nearest the roundabout i think,i used to go for a pint in the Sportsman ( Not sure what it was called before that) when i was at Salford Tech.Then go to the end block of flats nearest to where Mc Donalds is now to get a weed.

That was about 83

the sportsman used to be called the woodman

My memory's a bit foggy.

I remember having an afternoon slurp in there and the local bag heads would come in selling all sorts that they'd just lifted off the precinct.
Razors, deodorants, batteries, jars of coffee, joints of meat, bottles of spirits etc.
Some of them would even ask you if there was any specific you were after, and they nip back on the precinct and get it for you.
You could do half your shopping without leaving the vault.

The%20Flat%20Iron,Salford.jpg

2445984816_7cf0c8ff43.jpg

3943079868_f91dfe1abe.jpg

Stuart said:
I remember having an afternoon slurp in there and the local bag heads would come in selling all sorts that they'd just lifted off the precinct.
Razors, deodorants, batteries, jars of coffee, joints of meat, bottles of spirits etc.
Some of them would even ask you if there was any specific you were after, and they nip back on the precinct and get it for you.
You could do half your shopping without leaving the vault.

The%20Flat%20Iron,Salford.jpg

2445984816_7cf0c8ff43.jpg

3943079868_f91dfe1abe.jpg

To be honest i`d heard of the Flat Iron but never actually knew where it was,but when i`ve done google search and i now know where it is and been past it loads of times but never seen it.

Happy days. Weaste Blue, I drink in the hope and sometimes the weaste too, loads of blues round here. Agree that Hope High and Buile Hill have big blue contingents, did when I was there.

r.soleofsalford said:
oh the pleasures of salfords many fine hostelry`s. the ambience, bon ami, the company of good fellows one and all.

something i find sadly lacking in places like didsbury, worsley, and the like
Here here! my good man;-)

salfordpaul said:
Alex the Blue said:
Knowing certain areas of Sunny Salford I'm gobsmacked that any Blues would go into a pub on Salford Precinct to watch a City game. Suicidle quite frankly.

Alex the Blue

alex don't believe the hype, there's thousands of blues all around Salford! And I'll let you in on another one, I don't know one rag season ticket holder! That are the same in Salford as everywhere else, sky reds!! In my street out of ten houses six are blue! Am not saying it's like that all over but there are a lot more than city fans say there are! City fans love the... " we're from mcr they re from Salford" utter bollicks!

My girlfriend grew up in the Weaste/Seedley/precinct area, she later moved to Little Hulton (now lives in town). Her and her family would always tell me the fable "there's no blues in Salford!". I must have heard it a hundred times.

But from going clubbing a lot in Manchester for a good ten years i know a few Salford lads who frequent the clubs and have done for a few decades from the Hacienda days and a few of them are blues. I gave one of them (Twinny) a lift somehwere once and we were talking about this subject and he said there are many more blues in Salford than many would realise, it's just the reds will have everyone know otherwise. He said obviously it is mostly reds but do they go to games? on the whole NO!

I also worked in a Lower Broughton high school for three years and there were a few City fans in each year. Most of them went to games. Barely any of the reds went to Old Trafford.

Also, on me Mams side of the family, my Nan - well actually my Great Grandad - used to run a pub in Salford. I can never remember the name of it (I'll find out and post back!) and all of them were blues.

Alex the Blue said:
Salford is Salford, Manchester is Manchester, two seperate Cities. I'm all for a Salford Blues get together but ffs anywhere but Salford.

Alex the Blue, from Swinton a satelite of Salford.

Salford city centre / "town" is Manchester city centre. It is not two seperate cities like Nottigham and Leicester. To me it is a double city. It may as well be one city and be called 'Manchester and Salford'. I'm from Trafford and consider myself the same as Mancunians and Salfordians. We're all one to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.