Kids/adults running onto the pitch after the final whistle

A small boy ran on and got a shirt.‘One grown man’ ran on to get a shirt which he was given. He was then assaulted by over zealous stewards.The others running on were just ballooning.

I love an impromptu pitch invasion when celebrating a late winner or a league title and it’s fair to say that City fans lead the way in pitch invasions.

But doing it to get a shirt for monetary gain is really poor. Not a good look at all.

This seems like a national trend, and whilst appearing relatively harmless I don't think we're far away from the day when a 10 year old fan of the home team invades the pitch and twats the 10 year old fan of the away team who's just been begging for a shirt.

I seem to recall laughing at a story of a similar incident at City v Liverpool in 66-67 when the mascots had a pre match rumble in the jungle. However, it's what it all leads to that clouds the issue.

Anyone see that steward nailing the city fan who ran on? He eventually got led away by a copper in the end I presume for assault

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.