Kids/adults running onto the pitch after the final whistle

Full story here…

i sent the below complaint to the club today. I witnessed the above stewards physically assaulting a fellow blue. Kneeing him in his head and putting force on his neck.

City fan an idiot for going on the pitch but anyone who says he deserves what he got bla bla bla clearly didn’t see it as well as I did. Glad to see other blues taking this up with the club today.

Hello,

I have attended over 1,300 Manchester City games in my life including over 500 away games. Yesterday I witnessed something I have never seen before at the football.

Firstly, a city fan ran on the pitch to ask Bernardo Silva for his shirt at the end of the match. I would not try to defend this behaviour and any punishment he receives for invading the pitch would be fair. You cannot enter the pitch of play without expecting to be prosecuted.

However, what happened next was a truly disgraceful and upsetting scene. 4 stewards ran on the pitch and got hold of this man, right In front of the city fans. They were all on top of him and they were clearly restricting his ability to breath and move at all. There was one person with their knee on his head and neck for
A sustained period of time. Another was crushing the mans lower legs and ankles and the other 2 were sitting on his body. This was going on for several minutes with no police intervention and the city crowd who could see this abuse were becoming very agitated. Eventually the man was brought to his feet and dragged off the pitch. The stewards then walked back towards the fans smiling and laughing at us. One steward (who seemed to be in charge of the 3 involved) was even goading the City fans. He walked back over to where the first row of fans were and from this point on the scene became very ugly. I saw a number of city fans being manhandled and abused by stewards verbally. Including what I believe to be a racist taunt from a young steward towards a teenage boy. It was only when the police finally got involved several minutes later that things started to calm down.

I am so angry and upset by the way a fellow supporter was treated yesterday and hope the club will thoroughly investigate my complaint with Southampton football club.

Thank you

You can't commit crimes and play the victim. Hopefully they will get rougher with future invaders as a deterrent.
Crime?

Fucking hell, he ran onto the pitch, hardly makes him a criminal deserving of being assaulted, taken away, ejected from the ground, fined, no problem with that at all but to be assaulted by thugs and make no mistake about it these type of cunts are bouncers when not at the football stewarding.

Treat them rougher...

What do you want them to do next, stamp on his head?

You can't commit crimes and play the victim. Hopefully they will get rougher with future invaders as a deterrent.
I agree, what if he was carrying a blade or had covid, these pitch invading dicks need to be stopped, this trend is already becoming more popular

Crime?

Fucking hell, he ran onto the pitch, hardly makes him a criminal deserving of being assaulted, taken away, ejected from the ground, fined, no problem with that at all but to be assaulted by thugs and make no mistake about it these type of cunts are bouncers when not at the football stewarding.

Treat them rougher...

What do you want them to do next, stamp on his head?

Actually it is a Crime.

The Football (Offences) Act 1991 states: “It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).”

It needs stamping on, quite literally. Only a matter of time before a player is assaulted or worse and we are watching games behind railings again and why should we all suffer because of the knobs who launch onto the pitch at full time.

Instant bans for the kids and parents of 2 years might stop it in it's tracks. And if you're over 18 and start running towards a player begging for his shirt, a steward should be allowed to pop you one right in the mush !

Actually it is a Crime.

The Football (Offences) Act 1991 states: “It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).”

It needs stamping on, quite literally. Only a matter of time before a player is assaulted or worse and we are watching games behind railings again and why should we all suffer because of the knobs who launch onto the pitch at full time.

Instant bans for the kids and parents of 2 years might stop it in it's tracks. And if you're over 18 and start running towards a player begging for his shirt, a steward should be allowed to pop you one right in the mush !
I know it is a fucking crime, there are levels, I thought the rest of the post was quite self-explanatory.

As for thugs being allowed to punch some giddy idiot for asking for a shirt, get a fucking grip of yourself ffs.

I agree it should be stopped but as ever context is everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.