Kids I Pad at the game

I had a 15 minute argument at the turnstile today with a steward in the pissing down rain over my daughter having her iPad. My daughter is 8 and takes her iPad to every game and as since she was 5. Eventually I was allowed to take it in, what they thought I was going to do with it is beyond me. All he kept saying was no iPads with no reason.

Can anybody shed any info on if you can take an iPad in with you ?

To be fair they should all be told to leave those gadgets at home, watch the game and make an atmosphere.

The smells are my most vivid memory of Maine Road. Stale beer farts in the Kippax and cheap cigars in the Main Stand.
My most vivid memories are the piles of horse poo you had to dodge and cutting across Hough End in the dark with my dad - if you didn't manage a straight line there was a ditch you could end up falling in. I just remembered a chippy that always had a massive line going down the street as well

My most vivid memories are the piles of horse poo you had to dodge and cutting across Hough End in the dark with my dad - if you didn't manage a straight line there was a ditch you could end up falling in. I just remembered a chippy that always had a massive line going down the street as well
The City Chippy, surely?

I had a 15 minute argument at the turnstile today with a steward in the pissing down rain over my daughter having her iPad. My daughter is 8 and takes her iPad to every game and as since she was 5. Eventually I was allowed to take it in, what they thought I was going to do with it is beyond me. All he kept saying was no iPads with no reason.

Can anybody shed any info on if you can take an iPad in with you ?
He was stood there for 15 minutes arguing the toss with you, bet all those behind you were well pleased, the knobber.

To be fair they should all be told to leave those gadgets at home, watch the game and make an atmosphere.

I did try to get her to start the zabaleta song once! Lol joke :-) to be honest we spend most our time queuing for a hot chocolate than we do in our seats

Slightly off topic but funny nonetheless, against Hoffenheim I went with my son in 3rd tier south stand and at entrance M my son went in the bag queue as we had our usual 2 bottles of sealed water and 4 packets of crisps, the buffoon who scanned him said “you’re only allowed 1 packet of crisps each and have to throw 2 away, take your pick” - never in my life heard anything so fucking ridiculous, meant I had to discard my pickled onion monster munch, the bastard.

you should have told him to piss off.

I came up on the train from London a few games ago (spend more than half my life down there these days) and brought iPad to play games/absorb your wisdom on the way. They wouldn’t let me in K with it. Went to the disabled entrance just there and tried to chat them up and leave it with them. No joy. So I’m stood outside and we’re about to kick off and I’m totally stuck. I ended up burying it in one of the ‘tree pots’ near the city circle disks. Missed the first goal. It didn’t rain and no one robbed it so happy days in the end. Swear it wasn’t exactly where I buried it though - I think one of the coppers in their copper-park saw me do it and felt the need to check it out, then put it back in a slightly different place. @mindmyp's_n_q's reckons I was just pissed and couldn’t remember where I put it. But I know the truth.

Slightly off topic but funny nonetheless, against Hoffenheim I went with my son in 3rd tier south stand and at entrance M my son went in the bag queue as we had our usual 2 bottles of sealed water and 4 packets of crisps, the buffoon who scanned him said “you’re only allowed 1 packet of crisps each and have to throw 2 away, take your pick” - never in my life heard anything so fucking ridiculous, meant I had to discard my pickled onion monster munch, the bastard.
Again off topic but on a BA flight from London to Auckland via Singapore and Perth in 1991 ------------ ALL in transit passengers at Perth were told to hand over all batteries in their carry on luggage. I refused on the grounds that my bag had been screened in London (when the IRA were active) and again in Singapore. Did the clowns actually expect me to blow up the plane on the last leg home. I was sent to the naughty corner. Just before boarding I was told the captain had agreed that my batteries could go on the flight in the care of the attendants. On the flight a steward gave me back the batteries and a dozen or so miniature bottles of spirits - for showing some balls to the stupid officials at the airport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.