Kiev ban over turned

im booked on the 3am UIA flight out from Gatwick ,booked through Opodo - can someone explain what this"API" thingy is that people are mentioning ,and what do you have to do

im booked on the 3am UIA flight out from Gatwick ,booked through Opodo - can someone explain what this"API" thingy is that people are mentioning ,and what do you have to do
It's advanced passenger information. You just have to input your passport details/ dob and info like that

API is Advance Passenger Information. It's basically your passport details. A lot of airlines want this info upfront and before you try and check in at the airport.

On your Opodo booking, is there an option to add API? Perhaps in the 'manage my booking' section if not on your confirmation email? If you can't see it (Nowhere to be seen on Expedia), I'd send them an email enquiring about it and they should be able to advise. 24 hours later and I'm sorted with Expedia.

I don't think it happens often, but I guess in theory UIA could deny boarding if you haven't given your API details.

See you on that flight!

For anyone also booked through Expedia, they've replied to me today.

''Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting Expedia.co.uk.

Kindly forward your passport details to this email with the following information and we will update the same :

1. Passengers name as per passport
2. Date of birth
3. Passport Number
4. Nationality
5. Gender
6.Issue and Expiry date of passport
7.Passport issuing country

Regards,

Disha
Expedia.co.uk

Probs worth slinging them an email about API this weekend to avoid a potential problem at Gatwick. Also got the email from City regarding ticket collection, 15 minute walk from Hotel Ukraine to the Radisson; there better be a boozer or 2 en route :)
That's pretty poor that we have to do that and it's a scammers dream getting that info from you

That's pretty poor that we have to do that and it's a scammers dream getting that info from you

Yep agreed. Can't understand why there isn't an option to do it ourselves, like with almost every other travel site. Meh I have nothing, people can scam away :)

Sat at Heathrow waiting to board! All the journos and commentators here so tempted to put them right on a few things! Safe travels Blues, see you in Kyiv!

You must be close by - I am in Wetherspoons at Heathrow - was expecting to see quite a few CITY colours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.