Kiev post match reaction thread - PLEASE keep it in here.

This tie isn't over yet , and Kiev would be wise to remember it ..... they'll have to work twice as hard in Manchester to keep City out on a better surface.

To be honest we were hardly in it in the first half , and were lucky to survive two penalty appeals on top of the goal ..

but for me once Balotelli departed , and Tevez came on , we were the better side , and their second goal came on the break , and out of the blue , and was one that Micah Richards probably ought to have done better with ..... we were caught sleeping there!

I think a third Kiev goal and we could almost certainly have kissed the tie goodnight , but at two down it certainly isn't over yet ...... it's Hamburg all over again , only this time we can't concede an early goal in the return leg!

I thought Yarmolenko was very good tonight, Gusev his usual self, Milevskiy effective when he doesn't dive, Sheva playing with usual experience. Defence did well too!

City can't really play worse than they did tonight surely. But maybe with good counter attack we can sneak an away goal and that will surely win the tie.

It could be worse..if that pass was first time for Gusev, he would be through on goal at much better angle. 3-0 and it's game over..but as it is, possibly a defining moment in the tie.

Tonight didn't particularly show Kemble good we currently are. Next week certianky will though. It will make me take stock and think about what we are missing. Next week is our biggest test so far as the new MCFC with the Sheikh, if we really go for it next week, even the big game experience will make us a better team regardless of the score. If we go out with barely a wimper there will be a lot, a hell of a lot, to improve on and it won't happen in one window in the summer.

and i ask the question once again of our so called midfield.

none existent again all night.

tevez and silva collecting the ball on the halfway line, shambles.

open the chequebook and go and get sneijder in the summer for fuck sake, it's doing my head in now.

Depressing, first half decent team we've faced in the competition and they beat us fairly comfortably. And it's another away game where we look pretty clueless when it comes to creating anything. However we are very capable of winning 3-0 at home so we'll see what these players and Mancini are all about next week.

Chippy_boy said:
I have from the beginning been supportive of Mancini. I have not thought he's got everything right, but I have thought he was on the right track and that ultimately he would win things for us.

My confidence has dipped since January, and now for the first time, I have to say it's not going to work. I think he knows it too. His body language is not so much "Come on City"' more "What the fuck am I doing here". You can see it in his face.

I'm afraid to say I think we will get dumped out of the UEFA cup, we'll fool up in the FA Cup, and we will finish 5th in the league. And Mancini will be gone by July.

No, this isn't a knee jerk reaction to tonight's game. We just aren't showing the improvement we all hoped for. The "gelling" we were all told would take time, is not happening. Basically, we are still pretty rubbish. After all the money spent, that is just not good enough. <sigh>

Unfortunately, I have to agree with everything written here. Nothing further to add, just tired of it all.

Freestyler said:
and i ask the question once again of our so called midfield.

none existent again all night.

tevez and silva collecting the ball on the halfway line, shambles.
Richards was the best in the midfield. And Mancini again didn't give SWP a single chance,this manager is so predictable

Chippy_boy said:
I have from the beginning been supportive of Mancini. I have not thought he's got everything right, but I have thought he was on the right track and that ultimately he would win things for us.

My confidence has dipped since January, and now for the first time, I have to say it's not going to work. I think he knows it too. His body language is not so much "Come on City"' more "What the fuck am I doing here". You can see it in his face.

I'm afraid to say I think we will get dumped out of the UEFA cup, we'll fool up in the FA Cup, and we will finish 5th in the league. And Mancini will be gone by July.

No, this isn't a knee jerk reaction to tonight's game. We just aren't showing the improvement we all hoped for. The "gelling" we were all told would take time, is not happening. Basically, we are still pretty rubbish. After all the money spent, that is just not good enough. <sigh>

Completely agree with this. Unforunately unless someone like Mourinho becomes available then I can't see any benefit to sacking him as they would struggle to get any significantly better manager. Would the board be willing to take a risk on a younish and unproven manager, somebody like Coyle(even recommending the Judas **** makes me feel dirty) if a top name wasn't availavle. Somebody like that would have much more reason to stick around long tern and build a legacy if you were the club to give them a chance.

Some of u blues wanna take a look and listen to yourself u really wind me up sometimes. Ok we played shit so what we cant win every fucking game. Tonight was always going to be hard is the tie over? No its not we are still in it and our home advantage can see us pull it back. Amazing how fast u get on the managers and players backs when they lose most of u and im sorry for this but wanna take a rain check and see how far we have come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.