Kiev post match reaction thread - PLEASE keep it in here.

It was always gonna be tough , but the outcome could have been worse ....

we have reversed bad results in Europe in the past , and we can do so again ..... providin' we don't let them score early on the return , as we allowed Hamburg to do!

Granted, we weren't at our best tonight. but that means we can play better, which also means we can win. Its half time guys. 90 mins to go.

Re: Another f*****g Hamburg situation!

Marvin said:
oakiecokie said:
I honestly believe that we can turn this around !!
A good pitch and a decent ref would help,but I see no real problems against these.Honest !
They are a counter-attacking team. It's perfectly set-up for them, but we had them pinned back for much of the game so I think we have the measure of them.

It will be a big ask to beat them 3-0 at home. It wouldn't surprise me if we did it, but they must be favourites. Couldn't believe it when that 2nd went in. Where did that come from? Totally against the run of play

Yes total sucked that second goal !!
But I don`t think they were that good,neither were we,but I`ve seen us play worse and win.
Still fancy a bet before the game on a 3-0 win for us.

citytill1die84 said:
Some of u blues wanna take a look and listen to yourself u really wind me up sometimes. Ok we played shit so what we cant win every fucking game. Tonight was always going to be hard is the tie over? No its not we are still in it and our home advantage can see us pull it back. Amazing how fast u get on the managers and players backs when they lose most of u and im sorry for this but wanna take a rain check and see how far we have come.
Many of them are not City fans. They are trying to get a reaction and rub the salt in

best response is to wait for Sunday and roar the team on to Wembley

Same old story . Lots of possession, little penetration. You'd have think that someone at the club would have worked out by now that if you pass backwards from an attacking situation or sideways repeatedly after winning the ball in the midfield , the opposition have time to organize themselves. When you have no width you can't break these teams down.

This problem will derail our whole season I'm afraid

What really surprised me tonight was how attacking we were from the off. Of all the games that RM would live up to his negative style of play I thought this was the game.

I can only think that he really believed DK were there for the taking. That's what gives me hope for the return game.

I totally understand posters reservations and frustrations with Mancini but tonight I thought one player for whatever reason let us down and that was Mario Balotelli. An undoubted talent but he let the team down for the 55 odd minutes he was on the pitch. His attitude is disgraceful and although I'm a huge admirer of his talent and skill even I can not defend his attitude.

The only problems I see next thurs is the risk of the counter attack and the low attendance ( for reasons I fully appreciate). Blue tinted specs me so I will be having a tenner on 4-1.

Come on City

The inquest on Mancini and players should start at the end of the season in my opinion. Nothing to be gained from doing this sooner.

2-0 doesn't make it all over.

citytill1die84 said:
Some of u blues wanna take a look and listen to yourself u really wind me up sometimes. Ok we played shit so what we cant win every fucking game. Tonight was always going to be hard is the tie over? No its not we are still in it and our home advantage can see us pull it back. Amazing how fast u get on the managers and players backs when they lose most of u and im sorry for this but wanna take a rain check and see how far we have come.

Fella we all know it was going to be hard and difficult etc - and had this been an isolated poor game then so be it but we have been shit in the league recently and tonights peformance was no different to Wigan - difference was Wigan did not take their chances.

if we aont good enough we aint good enough but an all girls U12 teams would play with more conviction that that utter complete shite tonight. If these players as they appear to be are either not good enough - aint fast enough or dont have the committment then they can fook off in the summer - the problem for Mancini however is that would probably leave us only Jo

i for one am fooked off watchng this surrender, slow, Seria A negative stylee football that Mancini (the tactical genius) has imposed on this club - there is soo much wrong with many of these players its fookin scary

citytill1die84 said:

I don't think most of it has come from the fact we have lost tonight, we have been stuttering through a lot of games recently and tiredness in my opinion is used too often as an excuse.

If you're consantly told your tired you are going to believe it.

I'm confident we will get the job done next week but i have an awful feeling that the squad has hit a wall, we desperately need a fresh approach to change things around before we cock it up.

After all these months and all those double training sessions, we still look for individual moments of magic to get us through games and it should'nt be like that.

Mancini's predictive and cautious tactics will undermine us in every competition we are in.

Didsbury Dave said:
Same old story . Lots of possession, little penetration. You'd have think that someone at the club would have worked out by now that if you pass backwards from an attacking situation or sideways repeatedly after winning the ball in the midfield , the opposition have time to organize themselves. When you have no width you can't break these teams down.

This problem will derail our whole season I'm afraid

The DD in my name is a pure coincidence but I'm sure you are my long lost twin!:)

As ever, a spot of rationality in amidst a sea of blind hope!

Not that anyone round here will agree of course!:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.