Kiev post match reaction thread - PLEASE keep it in here.

Thing is, until tonight I was all behind our europa campaign, been to all home matches and already bought ticket for next week.
But now i'm thinking; its another 6 matches to win this, whereas we can win the fa cup with 3 (including one against a lower league team and one against a mid/low ranking prem team).
Couple that with the fact we are away at one of our rivals for a champs league place on the sunday after the return leg, and my conclusion is I honestly wouldnt mind if the manager picks a genuine young/second string line up next week.
Going out would give us a few extra % in our bid for 4th.

M147WN said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Same old story . Lots of possession, little penetration. You'd have think that someone at the club would have worked out by now that if you pass backwards from an attacking situation or sideways repeatedly after winning the ball in the midfield , the opposition have time to organize themselves. When you have no width you can't break these teams down.

This problem will derail our whole season I'm afraid

Not difficult to spot the flaws is it dave.
The most worrying thing is I expect the players are al under exact instruction to play this way. No doubt under different orders the results would improve.
These are not bad players but collectively using these tactics it doesn,t fullfil the true potential this side has.
Too slow, no pace or width available and questionable tactics is going to see us fail to reach our preset targets. He must dump the slow stuff and take a chance and go for it for the rest of the season.
good points well made.
would love to see it happen (the fast passing 100 mile an hour game we all know is there)
we have seen glimpses of it and it can be breathtaking at times. unfortunately mancini must frown on it for some reason.

anyone who thinks we'll do them with ease at our place needs their head feeling

they're an excellent side, better than plenty of Champions League fodder and good enough to cause problems for any side in our league. We've blown our chance. This competition is done

waspish said:
We'll turn it around...........they were crap......we'll stick 4 past em at our no problem......so doomers fuck of...........goodnight!

If they were crap doesn't say much for our performance does it?
Oh and fuck off yerself mate.

Same old same old, we manage to pull of one or two misleading performances in the Premiership and then we're back to this. As always, when things are tough, away from home we stumble.
At the end of the day these guys have been bought for a ridiculous price and never had to fight for any of it, and then you've the few we've had for a while but are just as bad, why? Because they've been handed everything.
No bottle, no bravery and that is evident from our keeper who's lack of bravery cost us a goal, to our captain, who has made it clear he will jump ship the second he's offered something better.
What do they know about putting in the extra mile, fighting for it. Putting their body on the line.
Most of these players are either "too good" our stars that is, to do the hard work, players we played too much for or think they're too good to do that hard graft. Either way nobody but the odd player or two are willing to fight. Sure if they loose they loose, it wont be their money they're after wasting.

And I'm all for being positive when we need it, but it drives me crazy when people try and be positive about something that's so blantantly negative. People are "getting on their backs" so quickly when they're shite, is because it's money they spent.

DD said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Same old story . Lots of possession, little penetration. You'd have think that someone at the club would have worked out by now that if you pass backwards from an attacking situation or sideways repeatedly after winning the ball in the midfield , the opposition have time to organize themselves. When you have no width you can't break these teams down.

This problem will derail our whole season I'm afraid

The DD in my name is a pure coincidence but I'm sure you are my long lost twin!:)

As ever, a spot of rationality in amidst a sea of blind hope!

Not that anyone round here will agree of course!:)
You always post sense dd. There are more than a few who do on here

deJong_Ones said:
we have the players to play the fast, one touch passing game of Spurs, but instead we ponder, lose every 50-50, and never look like scoring
Lmaooooooooooo, Spurs play diagonals to Crouch non stop hahahah, as if they play any good, one touch football lmao.

LOOK AT THE FUCKING TABLE. IF IT WERE AS SIMPLE AS SOME OF YOU EXPERTS ON HERE SEEM TO THINK IT IS, THEN WE'D ALL BE MANAGERS. SOME OF YOU ARE A FUCKING DISGRACE. YOU CAN TALK ALL THE SHITE YOU WANT ABOUT WIDTH, FAST PASSING PACE ETC ETC, BUT IT MEANS NOTHING. MANCINI IS THE OWNERS CHOICE, HE IS BUYING YOUNG PLAYERS FOR THE FUTURE AND THE OWNERS ARE PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE. SO HE IS GOING NOWHERE. ABSOLUTE CUNTS SOME OF YOU. SURE WE WERE SHITE THAT HAPPENS AND PLAYING A GAME EVERY 3 OR 4 DAYS DOES TAKE IT OUT OF YOU, ONLY A MORON WOULD SUGGEST OTHERWISE.

Breadsnapper said:
LOOK AT THE FUCKING TABLE. IF IT WERE AS SIMPLE AS SOME OF YOU EXPERTS ON HERE SEEM TO THINK IT IS, THEN WE'D ALL BE MANAGERS. SOME OF YOU ARE A FUCKING DISGRACE. YOU CAN TALK ALL THE SHITE YOU WANT ABOUT WIDTH, FAST PASSING PACE ETC ETC, BUT IT MEANS NOTHING. MANCINI IS THE OWNERS CHOICE, HE IS BUYING YOUNG PLAYERS FOR THE FUTURE AND THE OWNERS ARE PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE. SO HE IS GOING NOWHERE. ABSOLUTE CUNTS SOME OF YOU. SURE WE WERE SHITE THAT HAPPENS AND PLAYING A GAME EVERY 3 OR 4 DAYS DOES TAKE IT OUT OF YOU, ONLY A MORON WOULD SUGGEST OTHERWISE.
Is that the league table or the form table?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.