Kiev post match reaction thread - PLEASE keep it in here.

intheknow! said:
If Mancini was English and not Italian you lot would've been calling for his head long ago, not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Just because someone has an Italian name, wears fancy designer clothes, don't mean sh*t! Look at the state of Italian Serie A, it's in total decline. I was speaking to a friend's boyfriend who is Italian, and he said a lot of fans in Italy blame the managers like Ancelotti, Mancini, Capello etc. Who have been in charge at the major clubs these last ten years but now have fcuked off abroad and left their clubs in decline.

HE IS NOT THE MANAGER FOR US!!!!!

BTW also heard a rumour, don't know how true, BUT we were apparently offered David Villa as well as Silva in the summer by Valencia. They would have preffered him to come to Man City rather than Barca. However Mancini said no he wanted Balotelli instead. Just putting it out there......................................!
This is absolutely false. Not that it matters, but Mancini wanted 2 strikers, so even if he was hell bent on Bringing Balotelli, he certainly would not have declined VIlla, when Wolfsburg was seeking 50 million for Dzeko. How could he decline to get t2 fantastic players for the price another team was quoting for a single player.

It is just not true. Besides, Barcelona had there deal set before we went in for Silva.

shadowplay said:
Numptyed said:
Some fucking drama queens on here.
Did you think we would go to Kiev and roll them over?

I didn't expect to roll them over.

However, I did expect that more than 3 of our players would even pretend to look like they wanted to be playing for us.

I did expect that we would be professional enough to put out 11 players at the start of the second half.

I did hope (but not expect) that we would play with some spirit, guile or imagination.

I did hope (but not expect) that Mancini would be able to exert some tactical infuence on the game.

We looked like a fucking clueless rabble who could not even be arsed tonight and have looked that way for quite some time.

Somethings not right, you can see it in the body language of the players and the manager.

Numptyed said:
I wasn't going to go to the home leg but i will now, it should be 100mph. CTID

Whoopy fucking doo, thanks for honouring us with your presence. Wish we were all as CTID as you...
You seem tense.

If you think the players wern't arsed you are clueless, do you honestly think 8 out of the 11 wern't trying? FFS it beggars belief we were beaten by a good side at there ground.

We didn't play badly but lacked the finishing touch to give us at least one away goal that is vital in European competitions.

Also Kiev were happy to let us press forward then hit us on the counter, they were much quicker than us.

A lot of us have been saying all season that we lack pace and this is what is costing us as we enter the final stages of the season, we were also a man light in midfield as Yaya did sod all.

Finally why play Balotelli he is a complete liability with his attitude and rash tackling.

cleavers said:
After the game obviously....

ITV commentator can f**k off - wetting himself over Schevchenko's scoring, they just can't help themselves.

Couldn't believe the rise in decibels and explicit joy in his voice when the ball hit the back of the net. Had that been in the Spurs or Dipper net, he would have tempered it with some measure of encouragement. His joy was unconfined. I turned the sound off before HT.

But on the match - not enough tempo. Everything done in attack that is slower than the 'second coming' and the defence and midfield do little until the Ukrainian tanks are on the penalty area lawn.

All is not lost but this Ukrainian team will not be another Aris. I fancy the second leg will be another Hamburg - great game, but heroic failure will be the outcome. Just can' t see us preventing at least one Kyiv goal.

Hope to God we don't play the same way on Sunday!

Re: Don't want to sound like a bitter loser

The dive in the box early in the game was just laughable. Even Kompany got pissed off. Team full of divers tbh.

Not going to read every page on this thread, only to say that we didn't play shite, they played on the counter, its half time and we will be playing on our own pitch and not a rock bed. They are not a poor team themselves and if we get as much time on the ball as last night a 2-0 halftime scoreline can be turned around. A goal in the first 15-20 mins and it will be a totally different game.
It can be done.

Roll on Sunday

Re: Don't want to sound like a bitter loser

When a ref is blowing for the slightest touch it becomes an incentive for players to throw themselves to the ground.

NEWSFLASH !! shock and horror as Man City lose away in Europe to a good team..

I think we are capable of putting two past these at coms...we just have to tighten up defencively..

My take on the match.

I am bitterly disappointed with the scoreline. But even the commentators were saying it was a good game.

We controlled for large parts. And they hit on the counter. And it is fair to say they are bloody good at it and move the ball so fast.

We lost 2 goals to 2 stupid bits of defending. Hart and Kolarov for first one. And unfortunatley Micah for 2nd. Shame about Micah as I think he was a threat going forward but he did lose position a few times. Wouldnt beat on him about it too much though.

Our chances were limited but they were there. Kolarov, Silva, Tevez, Yaya and even Lescott.

Hate to say it but had Tevez started it prob would have been different. Had to give him some rest as its a tough period.

Tie is still winnable in my opinion. Defend like we can and hopefully get an early goal next week and we will be fine.

And at least it will be on Mancunian grass!!

So to sum up, we played ok, controlled at times, not too much in final third. 2 shite goals to concede. Game on next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.