Kiev post match reaction thread - PLEASE keep it in here.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Not going to read every page on this thread, only to say that we didn't play shite, they played on the counter, its half time and we will be playing on our own pitch and not a rock bed. They are not a poor team themselves and if we get as much time on the ball as last night a 2-0 halftime scoreline can be turned around. A goal in the first 15-20 mins and it will be a totally different game.
It can be done.

Roll on Sunday

I have to agree.

Although it wasn't our best performance of the season, I don't think it was as
bad as some people are making out.

I think what it has highlighted is our lapses of concentration at the back.
Kiev are no pushovers, well organised. But I don't think that the 2 goal lead
is insurmountably although it will take a very good performance in a week.

Lets get right behind the lads on Sunday, and then again on Monday.
I've got my ticket for Sunday, not sure I can make it on Thursday but I
will now move heaven and earth to try and re-arrange stuff to make it.

its all been said on here by different people in different posts, but its all true,
we are to slow
balotelli needs some kind of help because he is either shite or a a nutball
zabaletta has great spirit but not quite good enough, and he gives stupid fouls away in crazy positions way to often
patience with manicini is wearing thin
performances lately have not been good enough
ive said in other posts we are not good enough and i think we will struggle to win anything and even to finish 4th and i havent changed my mind but nothing can be done until end of season so we have no choice to get behind them .
i am definately heading towards the mancini out queue

One dimensional, ill disciplined, no passion, no pace, no fucking idea.

That's how I would describe our football club at present. Last night was average at best but it's not just about last night. We were shit at home to Fulham, shit against Wigan and what a surprise we play someone half decent and we get beat.

If I'm being honest I can't see us going through. We'll set up at Eastlands for the draw as always, take forty passes to get to the halfway line and then tip tap around their box until either we get tackled or have a half hearted shot that goes wide.

I hope to god that we put in a better performance on Sunday otherwise we are going out to what will be a very organised Reading side. The season is starting to slowly slip away from us and I hope it gets fucking sorted and quick!!!

Re: Don't want to sound like a bitter loser

Rammy Blue said:
When a ref is blowing for the slightest touch it becomes an incentive for players to throw themselves to the ground.

Not a bitter loser when yer notice that Carlos was the subject of a full body block on the edge of their area. Result? Play on! This ref was not gonna upset the home crowd.

Really poor performance last night don't care if we are playing every 3 days they need to get over it there ment to be professional athletes and reading some comments about silver lining and less fixtures what a load of toss shudnt we be out trying too win all competitions. We need to put more effort in especially yaya and Barry both were non existent last night and our most offensive player yet again was Micah .

Re: Don't want to sound like a bitter loser

I wouldn't normally slag off a ref, but he was appalling last night and a couple of offside calls were a joke, espepcially the Micha Richards one in the first half. This no excuse for City not scoring, as we had enough chances to score.

Do we get the same referee in the second leg?

Pretty shocked at the number of people still clinging to the same old excuses. This is Mark Hughes all over again. No shape, no style, no soul, no substance. We've simply replaced one set of glaring problems for another set of glaring problems...

On to the game - we were shit. I've read a couple of 'we played okay' type posts - were you people watching the same match as me? Our best spells in the match came when we knocked the ball from side to side in our own half really slowly. Our worst spells in the match came whenever we ventured into Kyiv's half. Some random thoughts for you:

Dzeko is getting worse in front of our eyes. Not better. That's got to be a big big big worry. Nearly 30 million euros and the fella looks absolutely lost whenever he plays. Probably because he's constantly having to play as a defacto left forward which may have worked in Germany, but in the Premiership and against decent teams like Kyiv it just isolates him too much and the match passes him by.

The halftime Balo show...here's a thought for our coaching staff. Maybe rather than leaving the players to sort out their own half time team talk whilst they twiddle their thumbs back on the bench, they should stay and talk to the fucking players during the break. If they'd done that, they'd have known there was a problem with Balo and we wouldn't have had the ignominy of seeing Mancini and fucking Platt and fucking Kidd all looking confused and befuddled. Amateur hour at the Apollo is what that was. A disgrace in my book and I bet Khaldoun, Cook, and the powers that be weren't laughing about it...

So people keep saying we have no plan B - go on then, indulge me. What's plan A? Actually, don't bother...I know what plan A is - unfortunately plan A got sussed about four months ago. So forget plan B - we need a new plan A. One which doesn't hinge on having two world class creative full backs...

The return leg next week - don't care if we see Gillingham'esque heroics to be honest. The yoyo nature of our performances, the lost, rabbit in headlights, resigned, KK at Oldham, nature of Mancini's body language coupled with his unintelligible post match interview said it all for me. The man is out of his depth at MCFC...just as Mark Hughes was.

BillyShears said:
Pretty shocked at the number of people still clinging to the same old excuses. This is Mark Hughes all over again. No shape, no style, no soul, no substance. We've simply replaced one set of glaring problems for another set of glaring problems...

On to the game - we were shit. I've read a couple of 'we played okay' type posts - were you people watching the same match as me? Our best spells in the match came when we knocked the ball from side to side in our own half really slowly. Our worst spells in the match came whenever we ventured into Kyiv's half. Some random thoughts for you:

Dzeko is getting worse in front of our eyes. Not better. That's got to be a big big big worry. Nearly 30 million euros and the fella looks absolutely lost whenever he plays. Probably because he's constantly having to play as a defacto left forward which may have worked in Germany, but in the Premiership and against decent teams like Kyiv it just isolates him too much and the match passes him by.

The halftime Balo show...here's a thought for our coaching staff. Maybe rather than leaving the players to sort out their own half time team talk whilst they twiddle their thumbs back on the bench, they should stay and talk to the fucking players during the break. If they'd done that, they'd have known there was a problem with Balo and we wouldn't have had the ignominy of seeing Mancini and fucking Platt and fucking Kidd all looking confused and befuddled. Amateur hour at the Apollo is what that was. A disgrace in my book and I bet Khaldoun, Cook, and the powers that be weren't laughing about it...

So people keep saying we have no plan B - go on then, indulge me. What's plan A? Actually, don't bother...I know what plan A is - unfortunately plan A got sussed about four months ago. So forget plan B - we need a new plan A. One which doesn't hinge on having two world class creative full backs...

The return leg next week - don't care if we see Gillingham'esque heroics to be honest. The yoyo nature of our performances, the lost, rabbit in headlights, resigned, KK at Oldham, nature of Mancini's body language coupled with his unintelligible post match interview said it all for me. The man is out of his depth at MCFC...just as Mark Hughes was.

This, This, This !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.