King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

I’ve never bought it but the fella with glasses and long ish hair shouting “Kiiiiing of the Kippax” has been part of the furniture for years.

Is it not a thing anymore?
Not seen him for a couple oif years, very likeable fella. Whilst he was pausing for breath another guy used to yell 'half time draw tickets" loved that as you got near the turnstiles !

Used to buy it regularly in the 80s and 90s and it would always cheer me up on the bus or train home after another defeat. It was always witty and informative in a time where the club were less communicative with the fans. I alway loved the satirical cartoon on the cover often lampooning peter swales.

As a fan base we have a lot to thank Dave, Sue and all the other fanzines as they kept us going through the dark times. Giving us a voice when it was need often with very little backing from the club.

So thank you and thanks for the memories.

Not seen it for years but was as much a part of a trip to Maine Rd as beers in the Bee Hive. Thank you Dave and Sue for keeping the flag flying through the 80s and 90s. Still got the additions following Gillingham at Wembley and the sick swan. Like to look back at the 99 addition to remind myself how far we've come and how it was our greatest day for many years.

Did you write as East Level 2? I only flicked through other people’s copies so I may not have spotted your pieces.
Yes, he wrote as East Level 2, back in the late 80's and throughout the 90's when he sat in East Level 2 at Maine Road.....
Fuck knows where he sits at the Etihad? @East Level 2

Yes, he wrote as East Level 2, back in the late 80's and throughout the 90's when he sat in East Level 2 at Maine Road.....
I didn’t think Russell Howard needed a new joke writer.

I imagine I need to tell you that we moved stadium in 2003 which is a fair few years ago. For all I know, this very long term Blue (whom I’ve met) only began writing a decade ago?

Still, you’ve got something to tell all your friends in Stockport…

My first game at Maine Road was in West (Main Stand), then a couple of seasons in South (Platt Lane), then North for a season until they put seats in, then East (Kippax) from 73 to 88, then West from 88 to 94, North from 94 to 96 and finally East lower tier from 1996 to 2003. - I've been in East level 2 since moving grounds apart from two seasons in the West Stand (2015-17) but didn't change my user name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.