Kinkladze

ctid.71 said:
If Silva gets more confidence running forward and taking on players, do you think in a year or two he could be the new kinkladze?

No, Silva dosnt run at and go past people.

Kindladze was my all time fave city player.

Might have said this before but I remember taking my lad to see us playing some team or other and knowing the only thing worth watching was Kinki. Started chatting to a guy as the team was announced. Kinki was injured and wasnt playing. The guy got up and said 'Im going home if he's not playing' and with that he pissed off!

The game was tripe and ended 0-0.

He was a brilliant player by far the best City player in my life time to have played for City when he got the ball it was like the ball was glued to his feet. A class act we go on about City legends he is top of my list to be playing with the standard of players he did and to go and run at players time and time again. They couldnt get near him speed , skill and the ability to ghost by players him in our team now the press would be comparing him with the best players out there.

Without doubt the most entertaining footballer I have ever had the pleasure of watching and even more grateful that he played for the club I support.

He illuminated so many football matches and even after the most horrendous of results you walked away from the ground marvelling at the brilliance of the Georgian genius.

The saying right place at the wrong time could not be more apt. The club was in decline, and the lack of continuity affected the confidence of all players, culminating the descent into the second division.

Im sure City must be the only club in history to get relegated to the third tier of the football pyramid and sell two players to Champs league clubs. It summed up the incompetence of that era.

So many memories of the great man. No doubt he should of left after our relegation but he showed incredible dedication to the club and as much as I love the Kompanys/De Jongs etc of this world I doubt they would stay with us under similar circumstances. Phenomenal player on the pitch and fantastically loyal of it. A true City legend..

He was a very special player, and after watching that video it made me realise that he was surrounded by some right shite - I mean how many of his moves ended with a City player ballooning the shot into row z..

I read an interview with him once and his father wanted him to be a ballet dancer and made him take lessons, he said the technique he learnt from ballet helped him with his ball control and without the lessons he would never have made it as a footballer.

I'll be honest though, for every good game he had 2 indifferent games - and I dont think it was his fault but the opposition would stick two men on him and the rest of the team was so shite that we couldnt muster other chances.

If he had been schooled in the same way Messi had been he'd have just as good. I'm almost certain. Such a shame. Wasted talent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.com/2011/05/video-homage-to-great.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.com/2 ... great.html</a>

I think it's Dion Dublin who gets the dummy from Kinki but his reaction is very funny!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.