Kinky or Robhino

Trigger said:
Cheesy said:
Trigger said:
Cheesy said:
FWIW, I think Ali B was a better all round player than Kinky.

You need to drink less before City games;)

I just think that Ali offered more to the team than Kinky. The only player I've seen better at dribbling with the ball than Kinky was Maradonna but that's not all that's needed to be a great player.

True

Kinky was very similar to Robinho in one thing, he very rarely turned it on in away games, Ali B was of course performing at a lower level.

Always Ali! Best player to wear the shirt in the last 30 years IMO

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Disturbance said:
Robinho >>> Kinkladze

People are confusing the fact that Kinky was an amazing dribbler of the ball (better than Robinho will ever be) but Robinho is a far more productive player.

Did you see his 'performance' at old trafford after he'd been talking the talk all week?

not relevant

Disturbance said:
Robinho >>> Kinkladze

People are confusing the fact that Kinky was an amazing dribbler of the ball (better than Robinho will ever be) but Robinho is a far more productive player.

This^

The facts in this case also speak for themselves. Incredibly talented though he was, Kinky never really proved himself at a big club or on the big stage. We certainly weren't a big club back then (in fact we were fcuking shit) & when he went to Ajax who were, at the time, one of Europes best, he bombed dreadfully. Robinho, despite leaving Madrid under a cloud, did prove himself there (sorry, BB!) and will, I'm sure, prove himself again at City now that we are on the way to joining the elite!

Pointless trying to compare,really.
Two very different players,playing at totally different levels in different generations.
Both incredibly gifted footballers who,on their game,are jaw-droppingly great.
As daft as throwing Bell into the argument,really.
Just think myself lucky to have seen 'em grace the blue shirt.

I dont know why some people think this is a pointless tread. Look around at most of the treads about Hughes or Ireland or whatever most of them are pointless. This tread is all about opinions. Kinky by far was the most creative player we had at the club in the 90s. Strong player who could take a tackle and get up and look for the ball again. Robhino for all the good things he does when he doesn't or isn't up for it he is a player who gets on your nerves. Yes Robhino has the abilty in the world to do anything he wants. The game is getting easier for creative players these days you cant even tackle some players slightest contact and a free is given. Back then players were taking lumps out of Kinky because he was that good at running at defenders. I would love to see Kinky playing now as it is now Talyor made for these type of players. Robhino still has a lot to prove yes when the suns shining he is great but he has to be more consitant next season.

Kinky every day of the week. I like Robbie but he doesnt excite me the way Kinky did. Fantastic player.

Kinkladze always had the ability to turn a game and opposition players struggled to get near him or understand just what he was going to do next, Robinho is technically superior but the rough and ready premiership defenders and midfielders are willing to go in early to stop him trying the fancy stuff. Will be interesting to see if any clubs come in for him in the summer, as I dont know if he is even 75% commited to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.