Klopp odds tumbling

I will be amazed if they let him go. Bookies change odds to relieve mugs of their cash. As an example, my team, according to bookie odds, would already have Rafa and Howe in charge. Now, everybody with an IQ higher than a barstool, knew that they were talking shite, but, those mugs I was talking about put a bet on. If he has fallen out then maybe, but not because their season isn't tip top this year.

As a betting trader I can tell you that is untrue, odds are formed and changed purely on how much is being staked on an outcome occurring. For many reasons bookies cannot just simply adjust odds at will, something called rounding being the biggest. Another reason is that betting exchanges (which is essentially a stock market for betting) will reflect the true odds by how much is being traded on buy/sell, bookies have to broadly follow those odds otherwise they will leave themselves open to being Arbed.

All that being said, just because an outcome is trading at low odds doesn't mean it will happen, it's just an indication that the market expects it to happen.

He deserves credit for bringing trophy success to Liverpool including a League title by some margin but all clubs have there ups and downs that is always going to be nature of football , all things come to an end and nothing stays the same as City supporters know only too well.

How you handle adversity is the true mark of a manager as all of them do , he took a midtable team to a premiership but his history shows he drives his teams into the dirt in doing so and players are human beings not machines.

So far he is not handling the situation well but all sides have their strengths and weaknesses and his tinkering with the back four and mid field bought on him it must be said through injury shows the squad is what we always knew it was and that was heavily relied upon by a injury free back four.

the form and influence in games of the LB and RB that have excelled in the two previous seasons has diminished significantly.

Players like Milner , Chamberlain and Co are well past their prime and should be shipped off in the summer.

One of their summer singings is on loan to Southampton and struggling.

No Virgil , No Mane , No Salah no Liverpool and even with Salah and Mane they are not competitive with the squad they have anymore.
Excellent summary- shame about the "Virgil".

As a betting trader I can tell you that is untrue, odds are formed and changed purely on how much is being staked on an outcome occurring. For many reasons bookies cannot just simply adjust odds at will, something called rounding being the biggest. Another reason is that betting exchanges (which is essentially a stock market for betting) will reflect the true odds by how much is being traded on buy/sell, bookies have to broadly follow those odds otherwise they will leave themselves open to being Arbed.

All that being said, just because an outcome is trading at low odds doesn't mean it will happen, it's just an indication that the market expects it to happen.
Of course. But they encourage betting by highlighting how some are waging. This usually has nothing to do with what is happening. Our horseshit with Howe and Rafa an example. I have no problem with people if they choose to fill the till of bookies, but, I know their betting has fuck all to do with reality. If it did, not a single coin would have been laid on Rafa. Or any other manager who us worth a fuck and linked with us.

I can see how this works where the possibility of arbitrage is common but is there an active market in Klopp staying till the end of the season?
If not why can't the bookies shorten odds in response to rumours. If it is true what is the spread between Klopp leaving and staying?
Just interested I don't bet much myself.

I can see how this works where the possibility of arbitrage is common but is there an active market in Klopp staying till the end of the season?
If not why can't the bookies shorten odds in response to rumours. If it is true what is the spread between Klopp leaving and staying?
Just interested I don't bet much myself.
Those aren't 2 mutually exclusive markets, he could stay until the end of the season and still be the next manager to leave, more likely now than in most years with Parker, Dyche and Wilder looking fairly safe regardless. Allardyce and Arteta are most at risk probably.

I feel for him on a personal level, but I've always found him unpleasant, and always found the talk of him being a better manager than Pep to be quite galling. We all knew this Liverpool team would come apart as soon as he ran them ragged, and he'd look for an escape route. For me he is akin to Mourinho.

Of course. But they encourage betting by highlighting how some are waging. This usually has nothing to do with what is happening. Our horseshit with Howe and Rafa an example. I have no problem with people if they choose to fill the till of bookies, but, I know their betting has fuck all to do with reality. If it did, not a single coin would have been laid on Rafa. Or any other manager who us worth a fuck and linked with us.
Do people really bet on who the next manager will be? I am talking from the point of someone who has only been in a bookies once (a piss up weekend in Dublin) and placed a €1 bet picking 8 winning teams.
I have Talk Sport on in the car and the station is full of betting companies offering all kinds of odds on anything that moves (with their ridiculous please gamble responsibly catchphrase).
Are there really enough mugs out there spending their hard earned feeding these companies?

Do people really bet on who the next manager will be? I am talking from the point of someone who has only been in a bookies once (a piss up weekend in Dublin) and placed a €1 bet picking 8 winning teams.
I have Talk Sport on in the car and the station is full of betting companies offering all kinds of odds on anything that moves (with their ridiculous please gamble responsibly catchphrase).
Are there really enough mugs out there spending their hard earned feeding these companies?
Short answer, yes there are.

I feel for him on a personal level, but I've always found him unpleasant, and always found the talk of him being a better manager than Pep to be quite galling. We all knew this Liverpool team would come apart as soon as he ran them ragged, and he'd look for an escape route. For me he is akin to Mourinho.
There is a big difference between respecting a massive personal loss and what we all think of him as a manager. As a manager, annoys me immensely, but sometimes you have to put football feelings behind personal loss. Football is not more more important than life or death--human respect for the fans,the players,the business and the local area as our owners have shown mean more . Hillsborough and Heysel are fine examples of support gone wrong . I just wish at some point the Scousers would stop blaming everyone, look at themselves, and act with some decency towards a good manager. Even Ancelotti got burgled recently. Thank heavens for Pep !!

This. Player burnout, exhaustion and losing the dressing room is always the result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.