Knife crime

So it seems a problem caused by absentee daddies, drugs and turf wars, misogynistic and violent culture...is the fault of da teachers, innit ...

This is all good, but what it essentially does is make teachers responsible for shit parenting and transfer the parental workload of half-arsed parents onto teachers. Teachers already provide educational childcare for 7-8 hrs a day. The little darlings should be asleep for another 8 of the 24, so it's not really much to ask for some parental input into the remaining 8 hrs.
Teachers are not responsible for what happens at home of course.
But surely we all know that some teachers are lazy and just don't care.
A lot of teachers are great but tend to be in better schools, away from the low socio economic areas.
Once good teachers start to leave a school it can soon lose the plot. And then it's a vicious circle of failure.
I agree that parents have more influence on a child growing group but teachers play their part.
I went to a pretty crappy school in Manchester that had two or three very good teachers who engaged us in the subjects they taught, you kind of look forward to those classes.
We had some lousy ones though I remember the science teacher used to just throw out some textbooks and then bugger off for 40 minutes for a smoke or two. Only to reappear 10 minutes before the end of the lesson.
I am now not a scientist :)

Our English teacher inspired me to read books, he had an effect on my life I have to say.

Teachers are not responsible for what happens at home of course.
But surely we all know that some teachers are lazy and just don't care.
A lot of teachers are great but tend to be in better schools, away from the low socio economic areas.
Once good teachers start to leave a school it can soon lose the plot. And then it's a vicious circle of failure.
I agree that parents have more influence on a child growing group but teachers play their part.
I went to a pretty crappy school in Manchester that had two or three very good teachers who engaged us in the subjects they taught, you kind of look forward to those classes.
We had some lousy ones though I remember the science teacher used to just throw out some textbooks and then bugger off for 40 minutes for a smoke or two. Only to reappear 10 minutes before the end of the lesson.
I am now not a scientist :)

Our English teacher inspired me to read books, he had an effect on my life I have to say.
I’m assuming you’re talking from a period of time ago.

And it’s a rather large stretch to link poor teaching to knife crime.

Poverty and joining gangs as young teens shotting class A' s for the olders. No amount of social clubs or knife campaigns will put a stop to it until it stops being a lucrative business for the poor.

Two kids stabbed to death in less than 24hrs..15, 16 yrs... 3or4 young lads shot and stabbed to death already this week in London. How did it get this bad..

Just watched a depressing video about the NHS hospitals in Leeds and the amount of knife/machete crime that's happening. It really is getting out of hand and the the Gov and courts need to get to grips with this. Feel for those front line hospital staff, I wouldn't blame them if they all just quit and move to somewhere quiet.
New prisons and long sentences might help and more cops.
There has to be a strong deterrent against carrying a knife or machete.
What is the Govmt. doing about this ?

Just watched a depressing video about the NHS hospitals in Leeds and the amount of knife/machete crime that's happening. It really is getting out of hand and the the Gov and courts need to get to grips with this. Feel for those front line hospital staff, I wouldn't blame them if they all just quit and move to somewhere quiet.
New prisons and long sentences might help and more cops.
There has to be a strong deterrent against carrying a knife or machete.
What is the Govmt. doing about this ?
I live in a well to do place in Leeds where a 15 year old was stabbed to death in broad daylight whilst waiting to pick up his little brother outside a primary school in November.
Of course, the kid who did it has pleaded not guilty.
Goes to trial in April

I live in a well to do place in Leeds where a 15 year old was stabbed to death in broad daylight whilst waiting to pick up his little brother outside a primary school in November.
Of course, the kid who did it has pleaded not guilty.
Goes to trial in April
Pleading not guilty is nothing new. There’s a variety of reasons why they do so. Dale Cregan through to Lucy Letby did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.