Knowsley Safari Park

Ungrateful little shits. If it weren't for the public paying to see them in a concrete jungle they'd be in the bush getting mauled by lions an shit.

Does bibbing your horn and squirting them with windscreen washer fluid not work? Or turning the wipers on full whack?

Not a chance. One of the little fuckers unscrewed my wiper fluid cap, pulled out the rubber pipe and started drinking the water as though the pipe was a straw

And whatever you do, if you've got a roof box on stay away... they get in them in a matter of seconds

My clutch once went whilst going round. I was the only man in the car with 3 17 year old girls - I was about 20 at the time.

Next time I went about 15 years later I was sat next to the Mcanns watching a sea lion show.

Sort of off topic, but why do people actually buy a 4x4 rather than a people carrier when they live in the middle of a town?

Perhaps because they want one? What business is it of anybody else what car somebody drives? Why does living in a town mean the owner does not have a practical need for a 4X4?

I do not own a 4X4, but I used to. I used to have a Mitsubishi L200 double cab pick-up. I bought it because I was destroying my car carrying tools and materials. The pick-up was perfect because I could sling all the crap in the back, and still have a clean cab that I could use for domestic use. It also meant I only had to have a single vehicle parked outside the house. It was also very useful for camping and for golf, as I could easily carry four sets of clubs and three passengers.

Since getting rid of it, I have got into diving. It would be extremely useful now, as I could chuck loads of kit in the back and still have room for three or four passengers. Surely it is better to transport four people to Scotland or North Wales and back in one such vehicle rather than two normal cars that are on the limit of being overladen?

I have also had a couple of executive 4X4s when my employer has hired a car for me and I have been upgraded due to not having another suitable vehicle available. I have found them pleasant to drive, and as it has no impact on other road users, I fail to see why should people get upset about it.

Perhaps because they want one? What business is it of anybody else what car somebody drives? Why does living in a town mean the owner does not have a practical need for a 4X4?

I do not own a 4X4, but I used to. I used to have a Mitsubishi L200 double cab pick-up. I bought it because I was destroying my car carrying tools and materials. The pick-up was perfect because I could sling all the crap in the back, and still have a clean cab that I could use for domestic use. It also meant I only had to have a single vehicle parked outside the house. It was also very useful for camping and for golf, as I could easily carry four sets of clubs and three passengers.

Since getting rid of it, I have got into diving. It would be extremely useful now, as I could chuck loads of kit in the back and still have room for three or four passengers. Surely it is better to transport four people to Scotland or North Wales and back in one such vehicle rather than two normal cars that are on the limit of being overladen?

I have also had a couple of executive 4X4s when my employer has hired a car for me and I have been upgraded due to not having another suitable vehicle available. I have found them pleasant to drive, and as it has no impact on other road users, I fail to see why should people get upset about it.

Nobody is getting upset about it, you have completely misread the tone of the post.

It was a simple question as to what the common logic behind a 4x4 instead of a people carrier is for people who live in the city and therefore don't need the services that a 4x4 requires

My clutch once went whilst going round. I was the only man in the car with 3 17 year old girls - I was about 20 at the time.

Next time I went about 15 years later I was sat next to the Mcanns watching a sea lion show.
I went once with an American friend in a Lincoln Continental, which started overheating in the Tiger enclosure. Somehow he nursed it through and we breathed a sigh of relief when we got through the gate, only to see the sign 'You are now entering the Lion enclosure'. At that point it packed up and we had to sit there nervously while the wardens extricated us.

Nobody is getting upset about it, you have completely misread the tone of the post.

It was a simple question as to what the common logic behind a 4x4 instead of a people carrier is for people who live in the city and therefore don't need the services that a 4x4 requires

I'm not suggesting you were getting upset, but look at the comment that sent us off topic.

No don't have one, I live in Manchester, it's pretty urban and I'm not a massive twat

There seems to be a number of people who think they have the right to judge somebody because of the car they drive. There is another thread running, in which somewhat ironically, the person who replied to HP by saying...

Clearly you are a massive twat for making that assertion about 4x4 ownership

...says...

Anyone who buys a German car full stop should look at themselves in the mirror IMHO

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/car-discussion-from-de-bruyne-thread.314851/

Of course, anybody driving something like this should be run off the road on sight:

Chevrolet-Trax-Manchester-United.jpg

Some people have this thing called free time and way wish to leave the city and enjoy the countryside possibly even in the snow, sounds mad but who knows :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.