Kodi (Bluemoon Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Google Play will start rolling out in the developer channel with M53 on the ASUS Chromebook Flip, the Acer Chromebook R 11 and the latest Chromebook Pixel. Over time, this will roll out to other Chromebooks in the market too. And, we've also been working with our partners to launch some great new devices specially designed for Play. Stay tuned for more details to come over the next few months".

That announcement was around May 18th at the Google i/o event. My idea was that once available, it would be available for Chromium OS too. Now I don't know if the OS are set up similar on a kernel level but I know that Chromium is just a user interface essentially so would this mean it might not work? Or is Chrome OS a user interface too based on the same kernel?
I'm punching in the dark here a bit because I don't know too much about underlying OS properties.

But potentially you could really open up the use for thousands of old netbooks. My sons old Acer Aspire One wont update to windows 10 because of the intel graphics media accelerator 3600 is not supported and Windows 7 on it just ties it in knots. I was thinking an Ubuntu OS might work well then I thought of Chrome OS, or rather Chromium and if Google Play is supported and all the apps such as Kodi then it would make for a decent little travel device with a keyboard. I've updated it it to a whopping 2gb RAM (lol) for peanuts. I'm even considering putting a small ssd in it too to increase its speed.

"Google Play will start rolling out in the developer channel with M53 on the ASUS Chromebook Flip, the Acer Chromebook R 11 and the latest Chromebook Pixel. Over time, this will roll out to other Chromebooks in the market too. And, we've also been working with our partners to launch some great new devices specially designed for Play. Stay tuned for more details to come over the next few months".

That announcement was around May 18th at the Google i/o event. My idea was that once available, it would be available for Chromium OS too. Now I don't know if the OS are set up similar on a kernel level but I know that Chromium is just a user interface essentially so would this mean it might not work? Or is Chrome OS a user interface too based on the same kernel?
I'm punching in the dark here a bit because I don't know too much about underlying OS properties.

But potentially you could really open up the use for thousands of old netbooks. My sons old Acer Aspire One wont update to windows 10 because of the intel graphics media accelerator 3600 is not supported and Windows 7 on it just ties it in knots. I was thinking an Ubuntu OS might work well then I thought of Chrome OS, or rather Chromium and if Google Play is supported and all the apps such as Kodi then it would make for a decent little travel device with a keyboard. I've updated it it to a whopping 2gb RAM (lol) for peanuts. I'm even considering putting a small ssd in it too to increase its speed.
I've not a clue if I'm honest mate, I've never ever used chrome os so it's not something I can offer much expertise in sadly, @TCIB might have an idea bud :)

Can you Stream 3D films with the Bluemoon Kodi and would I be better buying a fire stick or box.
If you cant stream 3D films, can someone suggest an idiots guide to how to get one. Im not tech savvy at all.
Cheers in advance.

Can you Stream 3D films with the Bluemoon Kodi and would I be better buying a fire stick or box.
If you cant stream 3D films, can someone suggest an idiots guide to how to get one. Im not tech savvy at all.
Cheers in advance.
Hey bud,
If you want to get into 3d films you should probably start looking at torrenting, however you do need to be quite tech savvy to get into that side of things; I'll look into the possibility of 3d addons for Kodi however I'm not optimistic if I'm honest mate :)

Cheers in advance.
Just looked boss, there are some 3d films in phoenix mate; also I'd choose fire TV box over a stick as they are more powerful and have an Ethernet port for more stable download speeds :)

Hi guys

Just picked up an Amazon fire stick for my old man as I wanted to set it up with the bluemoon build for him. I've downloaded kodi on the fire TV stick with no issues.
I've then gone to put the bluemoon build onto it and it all looked to be working right up to the last seconds. It finished downloading and had just finished extracting. All looked great until after it had downloaded a message appeared telling me "an android has been detected."
When I switched off kodi and go back in it starts loading bluemoon but doesn't go onto the bluemoon front screen, it just take you to the kodi front screen.

Anyone experienced this before?

Hi guys

Just picked up an Amazon fire stick for my old man as I wanted to set it up with the bluemoon build for him. I've downloaded kodi on the fire TV stick with no issues.
I've then gone to put the bluemoon build onto it and it all looked to be working right up to the last seconds. It finished downloading and had just finished extracting. All looked great until after it had downloaded a message appeared telling me "an android has been detected."
When I switched off kodi and go back in it starts loading bluemoon but doesn't go onto the bluemoon front screen, it just take you to the kodi front screen.

Anyone experienced this before?
Hey mate, after the build has installed, pull the power; this resets Kodi correctly and makes sure the build is correctly installed :)

Youre a star aguerrrooooooo
Just off to buy a firebox.
Another Luddite question, do I load Kodi and Bluemoon build directly to the box or do I need to use my laptop.

Youre a star aguerrrooooooo
Just off to buy a firebox.
Another Luddite question, do I load Kodi and Bluemoon build directly to the box or do I need to use my laptop.
Yeah you first need to load Kodi on to your box using a laptop and then install the build inside Kodi; no laptop needed for that bit mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.