Kodi/SPMC

Difficult to say mate but I can give you my opinion sure.
I personally think Cardsharing in the UK is on its knees and I doubt it will be back in the near future when it eventually dies out fully. You have to take into consideration that these companies have money to burn to ensure their encryption security is the best it can be which is in contrast to (albeit very clever) hackers who's budgets to hack the encryption will be much, much lower.

IPTV is a completely different ball game though, nothing needs to be hacked really. You're just broadcasting an image which doesn't really involve any hacking anything.
@TCIB is your guy when it comes to forecasting piracy landscape though :)
Cheers mate,always have been fascinated with the hackers how they always seemed to outwit the two broadcasters,I wouldn’t even know how they do it even if it was explained on a dumbed down level to me ..the likes of yourself,tcib,waspish,pleatfooted and talkativesprout seem to be the brainiacs for the rest of us to rely on for info on this stuff ...now where did I put that atari 2600 ;-)

Cheers mate,always have been fascinated with the hackers how they always seemed to outwit the two broadcasters,I wouldn’t even know how they do it even if it was explained on a dumbed down level to me ..the likes of yourself,tcib,waspish,pleatfooted and talkativesprout seem to be the brainiacs for the rest of us to rely on for info on this stuff ...now where did I put that atari 2600 ;-)

Haha I'm by no means an expert mate, @TCIB is somebody who really understands the mechanics of it all mate.
I agree though it's interesting how they outpace them so often

like @aguerrrroooooooooooo notes if push comes to shove you can just screen record/cap,stream with OBS studio. So worst case scenario you have about 100 boxes pumping out 1-2 chans.

In fact, that is how a lot of USA sources are sourced already and why you sometimes see a sleep screen for roku or similar on say fox sports 1 for example. This changes all the time though with the cat and mouse situation you allude to.

Tyne and Wear + Leeds went down today in the great cs slow death. Manchester went dark yesterday or the day before.
They started off reasonably slow but the pace has really picked up over the last couple of days....I heard it was a lack of new boxes VM could get to customers was causing the issue if it was they seem to have sorted it now...all Sly HD sports will be gone on by the month end I recon

They started off reasonably slow but the pace has really picked up over the last couple of days....I heard it was a lack of new boxes VM could get to customers was causing the issue if it was they seem to have sorted it now...all Sly HD sports will be gone on by the month end I recon
Wouldn't be surprised, are there any areas that haven't been killed off yet?

Dont bundle me in with the geeky fuckers :)

You need to be young and virile to keep up the cat and mouse game and I am neither anymore and as such i have joined the mugwamps

Wouldn't be surprised, are there any areas that haven't been killed off yet?
There can’t be many left mate...just been reading though that SD sports will be around for a little bit longer on VM...the thinking is that they will just let the existing boxes using cards run there course and as they fail that’s when they will swap them out....I hope that takes years

There can’t be many left mate...just been reading though that SD sports will be around for a little bit longer on VM...the thinking is that they will just let the existing boxes using cards run there course and as they fail that’s when they will swap them out....I hope that takes years

Interesting, it took a long time for SD on sky to die out so a repeat may well happen with VM. It would cost them an absolute fortune to replace every customers box immediately

Interesting, it took a long time for SD on sky to die out so a repeat may well happen with VM. It would cost them an absolute fortune to replace every customers box immediately
Yeah that’s the thinking behind it....to change them all out will cost a fortune as you say for VM so they feel doing away with the HD sky sports channels will get some to go back to legit pacakages as there are quite a lot out there who can’t cope with watching SD on their all singing TVs...I’m not bothered I can watch the footy in SD under the current circumstances I can understand though that some can’t

Yeah that’s the thinking behind it....to change them all out will cost a fortune as you say for VM so they feel doing away with the HD sky sports channels will get some to go back to legit pacakages as there are quite a lot out there who can’t cope with watching SD on their all singing TVs...I’m not bothered I can watch the footy in SD under the current circumstances I can understand though that some can’t
It's a good business plan tbf to them. I've already seen people saying they'll probably pay up as a lot of them are quite particular about the quality. (I don't particularly blame them)
IPTV can't match true broadcast quality at this moment in time sadly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.