Kolarov = another wait for a good city leftback

VOOMER said:
gio's side step said:
He was crap.

Would you care to elaborate, while not ignoring the full season it took Evra to find his feet(in a much more settled team)?

yeah, god forbid it takes foreign players a bit of time to get accustomed to the best league in the world. If clubs wrote off players for getting off to slow starts they'd be more bankrupt than they are now. For every Van der Vaart there are 10 Meireles' and Ramires', and hopefully, Boateng's. Good players from other top leagues who haven't set it alight but are starting to come good.

I fear for the threads we might see next Monday if Dzeko doesn't open his account.

Andouble said:
VOOMER said:
Would you care to elaborate, while not ignoring the full season it took Evra to find his feet(in a much more settled team)?

yeah, god forbid it takes foreign players a bit of time to get accustomed to the best league in the world. If clubs wrote off players for getting off to slow starts they'd be more bankrupt than they are now. For every Van der Vaart there are 10 Meireles' and Ramires', and hopefully, Boateng's. Good players from other top leagues who haven't set it alight but are starting to come good.

I fear for the threads we might see next Monday if Dzeko doesn't open his account.

open his account?

if he doesnt score 6 there will be some dick who starts a negative thread about him.

The funny thing is, in 12 months time, the very same dicks will be swearing by both Dzeko and Kolarov but probably moaning about another fresh arrival.

I find this amazingly amusing, though. When there is nothing on TV, you can always count on human stupidity to keep you entertained.

wanderer72 said:
The funny thing is, in 12 months time, the very same dicks will be swearing by both Dzeko and Kolarov but probably moaning about another fresh arrival.

The fundamental difference is that Dzeko looks like he is a good player. The jury is still out on Kolorov I'm afraid.

Didsbury Dave said:
wanderer72 said:

The fundamental difference is that Dzeko looks like he is a good player. The jury is still out on Kolorov I'm afraid.

I've been quite impressed with him. I presume we are looking for different traits in that role.

Didsbury Dave said:
wanderer72 said:

Tevez tevez tevez tevez tevez. ;)

I haven't seen the fuss with Kolarov, much like i haven't seen the hysteria with Hart.

Both look very promising to me.

wanderer72 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I've been quite impressed with him. I presume we are looking for different traits in that role.

I'm looking for him to be able to defend. Useful trait for a left back.

GStar said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Tevez tevez tevez tevez tevez. ;)

I haven't seen the fuss with Kolarov, much like i haven't seen the hysteria with Hart.

Both look very promising to me.

Hart's form's dropped off and his confidence seems to have waned.

He'll get back to his best, he's a fine keeper.

Didsbury Dave said:
wanderer72 said:

I'm looking for him to be able to defend. Useful trait for a left back.

One single example as I would be more than happy to agree to disagree with you: he saved a clear goal opportunity against the Wolves the other day, for instance. Fantastic.

Chelsea could have been, in the "what if" alternate universe, only two points behind.

Not a very strong argument, but less weak than all counter-arguments, moaning and flames I've seen here put together. Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.