Kolarov - new contract signed (page 17)

Re: Kolarov

ell said:
Davs 19 said:
AlloBoi said:
If we can get 15million for him id be tempted.
Half the price of Shaw

Shaws a decent player with a stack of promise but there's a massive difference between being a 'wonder kid' and a seasoned top flight, trophy winner who's one of the first names on the team sheet for his national team.............Micah Richards anyone ?

-- Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:59 pm --

Davs 19 said:
Shaws a decent player with a stack of promise but there's a massive difference between being a 'wonder kid' and a seasoned top flight, trophy winner who's one of the first names on the team sheet for his national team.............Micah Richards anyone ?

Anyone who'd pay £30 mill for a teenage fullback needs to give their head a shake.

Really? A player you could get at least 15 years out of? Look at United they paid daft fees at the time for the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand, they cant say they didn't get moneys worth out of those two.

But a CF and CB are far more important positions than LB. The world record transfer for a FB is 29m for Danni Alves. Rooney didn't go for world record transfer money. 25m was a lot of money for a young player but would need to have been 50m to be comparable. A CB generally can play for a much longer time as well and there are very few quality CB's. Which is why clubs are spending stupid money on unproven CB's like Marquinhos(30m) and players with potential like David Luiz(40m). We could get the kid from Sevilla for 17m and get one of the best LB's in Europe right now.

Stoned Rose said:
There's a quote from Roma's manager in the Benatia thread that says Kolarov is 'talking to Bayern Munich', in case anyone missed it.

Hmmm.

Swap for Alaba? Yes please.

There isn't a single LB in the world who you can guarantee will immediately settle, bed in, understand the team, and lend to its harmony to the same extent that Alex is currently doing.

Rooting for anything but swift news of a contract extension seems insane to me. Everything except for that is a gamble.

Tron Coltrane said:
There isn't a single LB in the world who you can guarantee will immediately settle, bed in, understand the team, and lend to its harmony to the same extent that Alex is currently doing.

Rooting for anything but swift news of a contract extension seems insane to me. Everything except for that is a gamble.

Spot on. Had a good season.

MCC said:
Tron Coltrane said:

Spot on. Had a good season.

+1

Tron Coltrane said:

Absolutely.

Aleks has really won me over this year! On the pitch defensively he seems far more settled and going forward he's very dangerous and his technical ability is superb (reminds me of the qualities Bale had when he broke forward as a left back) What has pleased me more is his attitude at the club- he seems to be a great personality in the dressing room albeit looks a very dry one- but he comes across as a real leader! His performance in the last few games were superb.
What made my mind up was watching him captain the team in Abu Dhabi- he ran his bloody socks off and through himself into every challenge (a man playing in the world cup!) How many left backs have his assist rate, goals rate and also score consistently in international games? Every time serbia play he seems to score or set one up.

A contract renewal is a must for me!

sambo86 said:
Aleks has really won me over this year! On the pitch defensively he seems far more settled and going forward he's very dangerous and his technical ability is superb (reminds me of the qualities Bale had when he broke forward as a left back) What has pleased me more is his attitude at the club- he seems to be a great personality in the dressing room albeit looks a very dry one- but he comes across as a real leader! His performance in the last few games were superb.
What made my mind up was watching him captain the team in Abu Dhabi- he ran his bloody socks off and through himself into every challenge (a man playing in the world cup!) How many left backs have his assist rate, goals rate and also score consistently in international games? Every time serbia play he seems to score or set one up.

A contract renewal is a must for me!

agree 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.