Kolarov played out of his skin tonight

pudge said:
Marvin said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
That is complete and utter bollocks. I'm sorry but you must either live on a different planet or clearly watch a different player
Or you don't know what you're talking about. He puts in some magnificent crosses which are impossible to defend against, and has already created some great goals

QPR away - Toure header
Recent home game, Dzeko header
last night at 3-2 he put a ball on to Dzeko's head that went just wide
And oif course there are his free-kicks

It was his runs and shooting that made his name in Italy. But for me the best aspect of his game is his crossing and ability to strike a ball

if you don't see that, you might as well give up on football
There is no doubt that he gives us something extra when attacking.

There is also no questioning that he can put in a great cross, and that he can take a great free kick.

BUT he doesn't do it consistently, but a minority of the time.
OK. We'l just have to agree to disagree on the percentage of crosses he gets wrong. I know at times he hits the ball from ridiculous distances, but in last night for sure he was a consistent attacking threat down the left hand side. In fact for all the attacking talents we had on the pitch, he was our main attacking threat which is why I posted the topic

Marvin said:
pudge said:
Marvin said:
Or you don't know what you're talking about. He puts in some magnificent crosses which are impossible to defend against, and has already created some great goals

QPR away - Toure header

It was his runs and shooting that made his name in Italy. But for me the best aspect of his game is his crossing and ability to strike a ball

There is no doubt that he gives us something extra when attacking.

There is also no questioning that he can put in a great cross, and that he can take a great free kick.

BUT he doesn't do it consistently, but a minority of the time.
OK. We'l just have to agree to disagree on the percentage of crosses he gets wrong. I know at times he hits the ball from ridiculous distances, but in last night for sure he was a consistent attacking threat down the left hand side. In fact for all the attacking talents we had on the pitch, he was our main attacking threat which is why I posted the topic
He is a good attacking threat.

But with regards to his crosses, it took 7 attempts to find a City player last night lol

Marvin said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Marvin said:
Utter rubbish. The occasional one is. And that's because he hits many first time on the run and whips them in.

He is the best crosser of the ball at the club, and the only players to rival his crossing ability in the Premiership are Bale and Young

That is complete and utter bollocks. I'm sorry but you must either live on a different planet or clearly watch a different player

QPR away - Toure header

I'm sorry but for the amount of games he's played for us and you can only pick out 2 examples where we've scored from a direct result of a great cross from Kolorov further cements my arguement that he is by no means 'one of the best crossers of a ball in the league only behind Bale and Young' and in fact he's very very average at best.

Pudge's ratio of 1 in 7 crosses that actually finds a City shirt or a dangerous area is quite accurate

nevilletogoater-in said:
Marvin said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

QPR away - Toure header

I'm sorry but for the amount of games he's played for us and you can only pick out 2 examples where we've scored from a direct result of a great cross from Kolorov further cements my arguement that he is by no means 'one of the best crossers of a ball in the league only behind Bale and Young' and in fact he's very very average at best.

Pudge's ratio of 1 in 7 crosses that actually finds a City shirt or a dangerous area is quite accurate
To be fair, it's not 1 in 7 it's just that it took him 7 attempts lol

nevilletogoater-in said:
Marvin said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

QPR away - Toure header

Those were off the cuff thoughts. Downing is regarded as one of the best English crossers he has no assists. And you can only have an assist if you have a goal scorer on the end of the cross. City have been playing Balotelli and Aguero regularly who are nowhere near as good target men as Dzeko.

I find it incredible that you refuse to accept that Kolarov can cross the ball with great power, pace and precision. They don't always lead to goals, but they are very very dangerous. I think I am right in saying that City have the best record in English football for scoring from corners and who takes the majority of our corners?

Marvin said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Marvin said:

QPR away - Toure header

Those were off the cuff thoughts. Downing is regarded as one of the best English crossers he has no assists. And you can only have an assist if you have a goal scorer on the end of the cross. City have been playing Balotelli and Aguero regularly who are nowhere near as good target men as Dzeko.

I find it incredible that you refuse to accept that Kolarov can cross the ball with great power, pace and precision. They don't always lead to goals, but they are very very dangerous. I think I am right in saying that City have the best record in English football for scoring from corners and who takes the majority of our corners?
Silva, Nasri, Milner, AJ have taken a considerable amount of corners

mick10 said:
Andouble said:
excellent going forward. Cost us the tie with the 2nd Sporting goal.
What about the first goal then? Didn't that equally cost us the tie?

Well that one was down to a stupid free kick given by Balotelli. To be fair the thread is about Kolerov playing out of his skin last night. I find that title in the op misleading as it was Kolarovs poor defending that cost us the tie. I still maintain he's a defender first and fourmost. Anything after that is a bonus.

mick10 said:
Andouble said:
excellent going forward. Cost us the tie with the 2nd Sporting goal.
What about the first goal then? Didn't that equally cost us the tie?
No.That came from a stupid foul by Mario.You cannot slag Mario.Even if he has mucked about the last couple of months.

pudge said:
Marvin said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

Silva, Nasri, Milner, AJ have taken a considerable amount of corners
OK, when Kolarov plays he takes the majority of our crosses and set-pieces. Why does Kolarov take a lot of our free-kicks when we have players like Mario, Silva, Nasri, Milner, Yaya on the pitch? Because the manager and players recognise his ability on the ball. A few of you don't. Why is that?

He hit 5 or 6 great balls into the box last night, all because the ball was played infront of him. Since his time here, the majority of balls have been played to his feet where he has to adjust by jumping back and eventually giving the ball away.

Play the ball infront of him so he can whip it in first time and he will play a great ball in the box 9 times out of 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.