Kolarov played out of his skin tonight

pudge said:
cccc said:
He's not the best crosser of a ball though, again how many times does he fail to get it past the first defender? Too many to count. As for the first time crosses, yeah he's good at them, when there's absolutely zero pressure on him from an opposing player. Fuck me

He is easily the best crosser.

First time crosses are such because there is pressure from an opposing player. He would have less pressure and more time to deliver from a dead ball so that comment doesn't make sense to me.
Kolarov DOES hit first time crosses when there is no one near him and it perplexes me

Why should it though? I mean if it finds the man then it doesn't matter if he takes a long time or spanks it first time.

I can see how it would be a problem though if he shanks the crosses and then you're left thinking 'Why didn't he take more time on it?'.

cccc said:
pudge said:
cccc said:

First time crosses are such because there is pressure from an opposing player. He would have less pressure and more time to deliver from a dead ball so that comment doesn't make sense to me.
Kolarov DOES hit first time crosses when there is no one near him and it perplexes me

Why should it though? I mean if it finds the man then it doesn't matter if he takes a long time or spanks it first time.

I can see how it would be a problem though if he shanks the crosses and then you're left thinking 'Why didn't he take more time on it?'.
The problem is the majority of them are shanked

nevilletogoater-in said:
cccc said:
He's not the best crosser of a ball though, again how many times does he fail to get it past the first defender? Too many to count. As for the first time crosses, yeah he's good at them, when there's absolutely zero pressure on him from an opposing player. Fuck me

I meant that last night there wasn't defender within 10 yards of him when he put in 3 decent first time crosses. As a professional that shouldn't be too difficult I don't think.

For dead ball situations this where I think he struggles the most as his crosses are either too close to the keeper or very rarely get past the first defender.

I am now fully convinced you do not watch the games. If I had more time on my hands I'd go through every corner from last night, but the only corners taken that hit the first defender were from yaya and pizarro both happened more than once. Kolarov also played in the dangerous dead ball that micah headed off of one of their defenders (to be fair there may have been one corner that AK played that was cleared off the 1st defender.)

The point being that your criticism of his dead ball striking and crossing is wildly unfounded. Would you rather him cross it more like Clichy? Bridge? Sun Jihai? Michael Ball? or anyone on our current squad for that matter. The answer for me is simple, no. This thread should have ended pages ago...Kolarov can go forward well and is not the best defender, what more is there to discuss?

pudge said:
cccc said:
pudge said:

Utter rubbish. The occasional one is. And that's because he hits many first time on the run and whips them in.

He is the best crosser of the ball at the club, and the only players to rival his crossing ability in the Premiership are Bale and Young<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:16 pm --<br /><br />
jerseyblue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
cccc said:

I meant that last night there wasn't defender within 10 yards of him when he put in 3 decent first time crosses. As a professional that shouldn't be too difficult I don't think.

For dead ball situations this where I think he struggles the most as his crosses are either too close to the keeper or very rarely get past the first defender.

I am now fully convinced you do not watch the games. If I had more time on my hands I'd go through every corner from last night, but the only corners taken that hit the first defender were from yaya and pizarro both happened more than once. Kolarov also played in the dangerous dead ball that micah headed off of one of their defenders (to be fair there may have been one corner that AK played that was cleared off the 1st defender.)

The point being that your criticism of his dead ball striking and crossing is wildly unfounded. Would you rather him cross it more like Clichy? Bridge? Sun Jihai? Michael Ball? or anyone on our current squad for that matter. The answer for me is simple, no. This thread should have ended pages ago...Kolarov can go forward well and is not the best defender, what more is there to discuss?
I wish I had never started it. Gives a platform for the Rags to have a go at what they think is a weak link

Marvin said:
pudge said:
cccc said:

Utter rubbish. The occasional one is. And that's because he hits many first time on the run and whips them in.

He is the best crosser of the ball at the club, and the only players to rival his crossing ability in the Premiership are Bale and Young
Utter rubbish that the majority of his crosses are wasteful?

Are you being serious?

Marvin said:
pudge said:
cccc said:

He is the best crosser of the ball at the club, and the only players to rival his crossing ability in the Premiership are Bale and Young

That is complete and utter bollocks. I'm sorry but you must either live on a different planet or clearly watch a different player

nevilletogoater-in said:
Marvin said:
pudge said:

That is complete and utter bollocks. I'm sorry but you must either live on a different planet or clearly watch a different player
Or you don't know what you're talking about. He puts in some magnificent crosses which are impossible to defend against, and has already created some great goals

QPR away - Toure header
Recent home game, Dzeko header
last night at 3-2 he put a ball on to Dzeko's head that went just wide
And oif course there are his free-kicks

It was his runs and shooting that made his name in Italy. But for me the best aspect of his game is his crossing and ability to strike a ball

if you don't see that, you might as well give up on football

Marvin said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Marvin said:

Or you don't know what you're talking about. He puts in some magnificent crosses which are impossible to defend against, and has already created some great goals

QPR away - Toure header
Recent home game, Dzeko header
last night at 3-2 he put a ball on to Dzeko's head that went just wide
And oif course there are his free-kicks

It was his runs and shooting that made his name in Italy. But for me the best aspect of his game is his crossing and ability to strike a ball

if you don't see that, you might as well give up on football
There is no doubt that he gives us something extra when attacking.

There is also no questioning that he can put in a great cross, and that he can take a great free kick.

BUT he doesn't do it consistently, but a minority of the time.

mick10 said:
Andouble said:
excellent going forward. Cost us the tie with the 2nd Sporting goal.
What about the first goal then? Didn't that equally cost us the tie?

statistically, no. Our 3 goals would have overcome their total of 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.