Kolarov - south stand

warpig said:
rastus said:
warpig said:
for the most part i agree, however playing in a city shirt should not make a player infallible to any form of criticism.

Well if they respond to that criticism, then that's no problem

*can i just add it was the not booing of players that i mostly agreed with and not the hitting on the head/tossing on the pitch of city supporters ;-)

Lol, maybe a slap ;)

Dobsy said:
So the guy was walking round the pitch applauding the fans to thank them for their support, and they booed him?

So he said "fuck off"? So what? Football fans are so precious, giving it all out and can't take any of it back. Pathetic.

I agree with him, anyone who did boo him can fuck off.

Correct.

de niro said:
Dobsy said:
So the guy was walking round the pitch applauding the fans to thank them for their support, and they booed him?

So he said "fuck off"? So what? Football fans are so precious, giving it all out and can't take any of it back. Pathetic.

Correct.

Would create a few seats in the south stand that's for sure because from where I sit it was hundreds of fans not just a few.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
de niro said:
Dobsy said:

Correct.

Would create a few seats in the south stand that's for sure because from where I sit it was hundreds of fans not just a few.
So if it was hundreds then he might have done something that annoyed them. Just saying though don't agree with it.

Kolorov wasnt offering anyone out on the lap! He was pulling on his shirt and pointing to the tunnel. bassically saying he is going to throw his shirt into the crowd (which he did when he go to the tunnel). A way of an apology I expect. I sit in the south stand and 50% of them boo'd him. This is the same 50% that fucked off before the game finished.

makes me want to cancel my season ticket. Fuck expanding the stadium, make is smaller and tell these pricks to stay at home.

At least it generated a bit friendly banter between the south and east stand with the latter sticking up for AK with the Show me the way to Amarillo AK song. About the only enjoyable part of the day for me.

For me, the biggest disappointment this season was not the way in which we relinquished the title to United. It wasn't the for-to-frequent below par performances on the pitch. it wasn't losing the FA Cup Final. I wasn't the sacking of Mancini. It was the demise of our fans.

The atmosphere at the Etihad is shit and worsening.
Even the cup final was as flat as a witch's tit.
Too many fans suddenly think that we have a God-given right to win trophies and steam-roll sides at home, and when this doesn't happen, they sit there and just have a little moan.
80% of our songs are about United.
I've seen a few incidents of blues looking for trouble with other blues and read numeros reports on here of blue-on-blue violence.
Now, we're booing our own players.

For fuck sake, we used to be special fans!
Let's not forget who we are and where we've come from, ey lads!?

ban-mcfc said:
paulchapo said:
Kolarov copped all the shit for what has been an awful week for Blues.Losing the final with an insipid display,losing the manager and then making Norwich look like Brazil.Anger,disappointement,frustration was bubbling below the surface and just about being held in check.

A couple of fans had a pop as he was nowhere near another Norwich Brazilian and him giving it the big one back was the tipping point and opened the floodgates.

Not everyone in the SS was booing him,in fact there was almost some punch up's with people trying to stop it and others wanting to carry on.Booing your own player never helps him or the team but when people get frustrated and pissed off common sense sometimes goes out of the window.

On the subject of the SS since when was it up to us to be everyone's fucking cheerleaders?? I didn't hear much singing anywhere else,only spasmodic.The problem,like others have said,is there are groups singing and trying to get it going and too many miserable buggers stood or sat in stock silence so it gets lost and peters out.The club need to ask those silent men/women if they would like to relocate to where the so called singing section is and move all them into the SS en block and together.Then we may get some reasonable noise going.

i agree with this, the south stand gets shit from others but if you're not in 111/110 then you don't really have a leg to stand on because they are the only blocks who sing more than the south stand.

This is what happened (i'm in 117) although it was more than a couple of fans urging him to get closer to the Norwich player. I seem to remember it hit AK's leg and was cleared. It was then he turned and let aff a venomous volley at the SS, hence the booing, which is appalling, and many did'nt boo or sing Clicheys name afterward. Not a pleasant 5 minutes for sure.
As for the quietness of the SS ... at least we bloody try which is more than can be said for other parts of the ground. I never bloody stop trying to get songs started and get the atmos going, much to the annoyance of the people in front of me ;)
Happy hols blues, can't wait for August!
Let's just draw a line under this now and focus on next season.

Blue Mooner said:
The criticism and abuse that Kolarov gets is way, way, way over the top. Do people forget that he is our back up left fullback? You ain't going to get Danni Alves as a back up full back ffs. He is a very competent left full back to come in when Clichy is not available.

I just don't see what the guy warrants to get such abuse, he was no worse than anyone else yesterday and I know I would rather have him than Alexander Buttner.

I was totally disgusted with the City fans yesterday it made me ashamed to be a blue. I witnessed the sort of abuse he has had to put up with first hand and I would challenge anybody not to react in the face of vile abuse.

Those perpetrators should hang their heads in shame, they are the enemy within as far as I'm concerned. Do these idiots forget that Kolarov is a Serbian and his compatriot just happens to be Matija Nastasic one of the best young defenders in the country ? Just what do you think their conversation would have been like post the game ?

What would prospective players make of it knowing that we have fans who undermine the confidence of the players? These 'fans' are no doubt the same people who lambasted Mancini for criticising his players in public and yet they go and do this. Hypocrites.

The sad thing is, yesterday, it wasn't even a minority in the south stand, just when will we learn? We are the representatives of this great club and the people that demonstrate what this club stands for. Is that really how we want our club to be represented?

I despair I really do, god knows what the Sheikh must make of it all having pumped hundreds of millions of pounds into the club only to see people moan on a virtual continual basis.

Yesterday was one of my worst days supporting City seeing that group of ungrateful tw@ts moaning because we had the temerity to only finish 2nd in the league, be beaten by Norwich and lose an FA cup final. It was not so long ago that all we had was one quarter final in 34 years you ungrateful tw@ts. Yes we had Richard Edghill and lee Bradbury but in those days I was too young to appreciate the damage this inflicted on players confidence.

It is these idiots that continually undermine the efforts of successive managers and players with their negativity. We won the league 'in spite' of these idiots and despite being very small in number relative to the City fan base their damage to the club is disproportionate.

To be honest I would be glad to see them f@ck off. We need some kind of questionnaire as part of season card renewals in order that we can weed them out, they are the cause of disharmony and discord of the fan base who would otherwise be harmonious in the pursuit of success.

I would like to see Kolarov stay but these idiotic fans have seemingly made his place at the club untenable.
He cost 17 million! Theres a reason he is only a backup. Shite player hopefully gone in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.