Kolarov take a bow.

Simple really the league is full of slow midfielders and defenders in this league i think almost everyone is a speed merchant at least most full backs and wingers so he doesn't quite match well to them.

-- Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:04 pm --

Simple really the league is full of slow midfielders and defenders in this league i think almost everyone is a speed merchant at least most full backs and wingers so he doesn't quite match well to them.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:05 pm --<br /><br />Simple really the league is full of slow midfielders and defenders in this league i think almost everyone is a speed merchant at least most full backs and wingers so he doesn't quite match well to them.

i think its simple with kolarov, v a team where we gonna dominate possession play him, v a big team/ tight game play clichy, i have never been big fan but think hes shown enough this year to say he is an asset to have in the squad,

cccc said:
taconinja said:
The injury he took in his first match against Tottenham takes about two years to fully recover from usually if you ever fully recover. I think it's been about two years, right?

Is this true?

For a long time I have said that Kolarov has looked a different player fitness wise since that game. He always used to bomb forward and be from what I remember much quicker at Lazio.
The injury recovery time? Yes, I also watch a lot of NFL and basketball, and I've seen that injury an unfortunate amount of times. It takes about a year to get back to playing and about a year to get back to speed--if you ever really get back to speed.

And I just checked. The Tottenham match was August 2010, so it's beet two years now. He's right on pace to be at what will be his full pace although take that with at least a small grain of salt as people recover at different rates.

bluemc1 said:
i think its simple with kolarov, v a team where we gonna dominate possession play him, v a big team/ tight game play clichy, i have never been big fan but think hes shown enough this year to say he is an asset to have in the squad,

good call

I can't believe some of the posts on this thread. We have two very good left backs, both with their own good points and not so good points, but both would get into most Premier League teams (not all before you start!)
As one poster astutely said earlier, Clichy for one team, Kolarov for another, it is up to Mancini to judge who is best for which game. However, neither Clichy, nor Kolarov are shit, shite, crap or whatever name you want to put on them. I was over the moon when Kolarov signed and I have to be honest and say his displays didn't come up to my expectations, but that was after the bad injury against Spurs. Only a few years ago, that would have ended his career. I have also muttered those words, "Oh bloody hell Kolarov" as a cross was fired in from our left, but those times are getting fewer and fewer. I only wish some City fans didn't need to find one player every game to say " He was shite"
My friend text me after the game on Saturday and I told him, nobody had a bad game today, some played better than others, but NOBODY had a bad game. I suppose some on here will disagree and say somebody was shite, but I hope not.

excellent player that has been overlooked because he is not english. been saying on this forum how good he is going forward and was an excellent pick up. if mancini stays, and i hope he does, i expect less english players in defense and more internationals. i am sure some fellow city fans will go bounkers. at least hart looks safe for now.

btw, this is not his first motm performance either<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:42 pm --<br /><br />well said... those comments come from the city fans who have been accostomed to losing for years. they should find another team to back where the whining will be accepted.

Kolarov is a very good player.

DJRobb said:
I can't believe some of the posts on this thread. We have two very good left backs, both with their own good points and not so good points, but both would get into most Premier League teams (not all before you start!)
As one poster astutely said earlier, Clichy for one team, Kolarov for another, it is up to Mancini to judge who is best for which game. However, neither Clichy, nor Kolarov are shit, shite, crap or whatever name you want to put on them. I was over the moon when Kolarov signed and I have to be honest and say his displays didn't come up to my expectations, but that was after the bad injury against Spurs. Only a few years ago, that would have ended his career. I have also muttered those words, "Oh bloody hell Kolarov" as a cross was fired in from our left, but those times are getting fewer and fewer. I only wish some City fans didn't need to find one player every game to say " He was shite"
My friend text me after the game on Saturday and I told him, nobody had a bad game today, some played better than others, but NOBODY had a bad game. I suppose some on here will disagree and say somebody was shite, but I hope not.

I think hes lost a few kilos as well, looked very trim yesterday. Having two quality left backs, is a massive advantage.

He's not the greatest defender in the world , but he does give us that extra 'edge' with his overlapping , crossing and superb free kicks .......

not that Clichy is a bad full back in his own right.

waspish said:
Not missed a game for 25 years! Difference is I watch and make my own mind up instead of being a sheep! I've said before that Clichy just edges it in defending but Kolorav give you more as a package, saying that if Clichy starts games I'm happy because both are quality players

Interesting that instead of posting a counter-argument you decided to just throw a personal dig, so ill assume that i've won this one and you agree that he cant defend

baaa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.