Kolarov

the goats backside said:
Sorry but both Boateng and Kolarov look slow to me, as does the whole team, we have spent a fortune i am disappointed

some people are never happy, kolarov has played one full game all season, and boateng has played two, you expect them to be fully fit already ?

on the subject of a mobile back 4, im really happy with the fullbacks (boateng, kolorov and even richards who has made massive improvements under RM)

but wha i think we need sometimes is the likes of especially Kolo Toure to move forward witht he ball (something he is very good at and a reason why i think MH bought him in the first place)....especially against teams who "come and park the bus."

If the cnetre half is carrying the ball into midfield then it draws the opposition midfield in and creates space for our midfield and our attackers and it creates panic with the opposition. Its somethign that ferdinand is pretty gopod at at utd and we all know Kolo can dot eh same (and look what happened when ned did it.

Id like to see RM encourage Kolo and the fullbacks to do this...Ive not seen Boateng do much of this as yet but maybe he is still coming to terms with the pace of the prem

Simon…

were you not at the match on Saturday?

At least twice Kolo went deep into Brum's half with a run, probably frustrated by our lack of goals.

And on the subject of Kolarov, he will have to get used to the fact that he will not get the same amount of time in the Premier League as he had in Serie A.

Once or twice he dwelt on the ball and had it pinched off him.

But I'm sure that is something that will come with time and match-fitness and overall I was delighted with what I saw of AK13.

br55 said:
One thing I noticed yesterday was the quality of Kolarov's passing. Once he settles in I think he will be a great addition to the squad.

His corners and free kicks were very poor on Saturday, which is a key part of any full backs game. Thought his positional play was good and very calm on the ball. I think he looks better than Boateng though,who again failed to take on his man once during the entire game...assume he was instructed by the manager?

Vienna_70 said:
Simon…

were you not at the match on Saturday?

At least twice Kolo went deep into Brum's half with a run, probably frustrated by our lack of goals.

And on the subject of Kolarov, he will have to get used to the fact that he will not get the same amount of time in the Premier League as he had in Serie A.

Once or twice he dwelt on the ball and had it pinched off him.

But I'm sure that is something that will come with time and match-fitness and overall I was delighted with what I saw of AK13.

no i wasnt at teh match and the highlights ive seen are very limited ones from MOTD.

Good to hear he was doing that...

True quality player with a quality shot. Just needs a few games under his belt and will be a big player for us. Was suprised about how big he is ! especially for a full back, no wonder he has such a powerful shot !
Not so keen on boateng yet however has absolutely no footballing brain....
But still early days yet, hopefully he shall improve on this.....

dref619 said:
the goats backside said:
Sorry but both Boateng and Kolarov look slow to me, as does the whole team, we have spent a fortune i am disappointed

some people are never happy, kolarov has played one full game all season, and boateng has played two, you expect them to be fully fit already ?

Not saying they played a lot yet, but no matter how fit a player is you can tell if they have pace and these 2 dont

the goats backside said:
dref619 said:

Not saying they played a lot yet, but no matter how fit a player is you can tell if they have pace and these 2 dont
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.