Kolarov.

Dax777 said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I actually think he's looked decent recently. He was grea against Kiev in the 2nd leg.

He runs all day long up and down the left side, rarely gets much help defensively and is always an extra body going foward.

Nowhere near as bad as people make out
Same I have seen. Always up for the cause. I like that in a player. Also he does something no other City defender does. He is the only one wholoves sprinting out to his position once Hart gets the ball. The other 3 tend to meander for a few seconds. He just splits wide and runs as fast as his slowness would allow :P
That's the main problem, no matter how long he's gonna be here, he'll never ever be any faster than last Sunday, I can assure you that!

He got a right slagging off on the Monday Night Club, Radio 5, tonight. They said that Kolarov's was one of the worst defensive displays they had seen this year.

Mike N said:
He got a right slagging off on the Monday Night Club, Radio 5, tonight. They said that Kolarov's was one of the worst defensive displays they had seen this year.

I've just listened to that grisly crew, they seemed to have said all they wanted about us in the first few minutes and I didn't hear Kolarov's name mentioned. Was it the appalling Ian McGarry later on?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zn13t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zn13t</a>

bluethai said:
Dax777 said:
Same I have seen. Always up for the cause. I like that in a player. Also he does something no other City defender does. He is the only one wholoves sprinting out to his position once Hart gets the ball. The other 3 tend to meander for a few seconds. He just splits wide and runs as fast as his slowness would allow :P
That's the main problem, no matter how long he's gonna be here, he'll never ever be any faster than last Sunday, I can assure you that!
Silva is not super fast either, neither is Dzeko. He'll be fine overtime. Besides he was pretty decent against Chelsea. Got skinned on the goal, but so was Lescott. Otherwise he did well defensively.

Balti said:
for me the manager has sacrificed width and pace in midfield on the basis that Kolarov/ Boateng would provide the threat down the flanks

this strategy has failed spectacularly and they are both a serious disappointment. Kolarov is more obvious cos Zab is the only option there and hasn't been able to fill in all the time whereas Micah can fill in at RB and is rightly first choice now. Kolarov no better than Garrido/ Bridge. Maybe slightly better pushed forward but we used to have peeps like Bellamy /Robinho/ Petrov on that flank; Bellers ripped Chelski a new arsehole only last season. SWP can play there and is on the bench again.

Kolarov aint the problem himself. He is merely a symptom of it.
i agree with this...hasnt helped that ballotelli has turned out to be a knob too !! he could of given us that pace upfront if he could be arsed

Give him time to settle in. He doesn't speak the language and needs to adapt to our game. He'll be going nowhere this summer.

johnny crossan said:
Mike N said:

I've just listened to that grisly crew, they seemed to have said all they wanted about us in the first few minutes and I didn't hear Kolarov's name mentioned. Was it the appalling Ian McGarry later on?

claridge said it was like the worst performance he's seen in the premier league.

nevblue said:
And rated highly by the special one

WTF does he know.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 pm --<br /><br />
dmsl.HotBlue said:
I think we paid £19 Million for this one step forward and two step backwards player. He just cant get the gist of the English Game. Even Boatang (£11 million) doesnt look tight either......bad buys Roberto.

Stop reading the Sun.

First and foremost he was bought to solve our defensive frailties at left back. Not only has he not managed to do that he has actually made the problem worse if anything. Cant defend and no pace, no amount of training or coaching will change that, Another nail in Mancinis coffin!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.