Kolarov.

Outrun said:
Mossy said:
Bloody hell. Only just noticed this thread.
I have a thing with my lad where I slag Kolarov off everytime he touches the ball, tracks back (not), tackles (not) and he defends him. I wanted to put something up but was a bit suspect incase I got jumped on and told to leave the guy alone, but I must admit he is not the best we have had in that position (and we have had some shite in that position)

What I want to know is what the scouts who watch these players see in them. I can understand Dzecko not performing due to a different way we play compaired to how he played at his previous club but he is a left back and all we ask is to defend, get forward at the best opportunity and track back as fast as he can when the ball is lost but he seems to fail on all three counts.

Its pretty piss poor if you ask me.

For £18m nontheless. If he cost a third of that, I'd still be asking for a replacement. Paying £18m for this is just loco, I can't believe it. It's not Kolarov's fault he cost as much as he did, it's the City staff.

Are we too lazy to go and find players in more unknown leagues, or was it simply Mancini who refused to go after any other player? If you pay £18m you should be fucking sure he's fantastic. Lack of speed should be one of the first thing any scout should investigate. The ability to cross a ball higher than 3 feet over the ground (excluding corners) would be great too.

£18m... it hurts more than Santa Cruz, considering Santa Cruz had a great season behind him and was a striker, who generally costs more than a defender.
And on top of that, we used to paid 1m. for young Garrido who at least as good if not better than Kolarov in set piece, corner, pace, team player, etc.

robbieh said:
Apart from his danger at set pieces he is very disappointing. Frankly he is just too slow.

And taliking of speed.

Milner and Dzeko are slow. Balotelli also lacks the sort of pace that unhinged Chelsea last year. Yaya can shift once he gets going but is a bit ponderous.

Given that Barry is not exactly swift, well you can see where I am coming from.

You need your eyes checked if you truly believe that. He can blow by Bellamy, Tevez, Wright-Phillips, etc. with one leg.

bluethai said:
Outrun said:
For £18m nontheless. If he cost a third of that, I'd still be asking for a replacement. Paying £18m for this is just loco, I can't believe it. It's not Kolarov's fault he cost as much as he did, it's the City staff.

Are we too lazy to go and find players in more unknown leagues, or was it simply Mancini who refused to go after any other player? If you pay £18m you should be fucking sure he's fantastic. Lack of speed should be one of the first thing any scout should investigate. The ability to cross a ball higher than 3 feet over the ground (excluding corners) would be great too.

£18m... it hurts more than Santa Cruz, considering Santa Cruz had a great season behind him and was a striker, who generally costs more than a defender.
And on top of that, we used to paid 1m. for young Garrido who at least as good if not better than Kolarov in set piece, corner, pace, team player, etc.

Yep. Kolarov is taller and bigger, but how does that help when he keeps loosing headers (Chelsea vs Luiz + more) and doesn't utilize his strength.

Mancini keeps talking about how he values "diverse players", who can play on several positions. Kolarov cost extra because he also played left winger, DM and CB in Lazio. But his lack of pace stops him from performing well as left winger in PL, and DM is covered here already. Not sure how he would handle CB.

Basically, we bought a diverse player for tons of money but will only be able to utilize him as left back, a position where he obviously lack ability in several key areas. He doesn't really have any giant flaw that makes him total shit, but he's not really fantastic in any area either.

Compare him to Richards, who is raw but have some really good stand-out attributes: great speed, hunger (nowdays), good tackler (when he wants to). If he plays smarter, he may become a really good player.

Kolarov, on the other hand, is good in many areas but doesn't really stand out in anything (kind of like Barry). £18m for such a defender is not value for money to me. I'd love to be proven wrong and see him evolve next season, but he's so far off.

(I want to add that I rate Barry for the job he does, valuable member for the team)

Watching Serbia v Northern Ireland and Kolarov cant cross the ball into the box for his country either!!!!!!!!

kenzie115 said:
I love Kolarov.

Same, best left-back this clubs had in a long time.
After the next game everyone will hate someone else so there's not much point arguing against this weeks kolarov haters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.