Kolarov.

Zabs is more reliable but Kolarov is a step up from Bridge who was trash, I think Mancini only plays him for his long shots and set pieces he is a bit like Michael Tarnat who couldn't really defend but he had a brilliant long shot and set pieces. Kolarov just needs a bit more time, I thought he played quite well on the wing for the few games he did. He's not brilliant but he is more than average

I think the problem is compared to other fullbacks who have arrived at the club is that we built him up to such an extent that we expected someone sensational who'd score bullets every game and defend in equal mesure.

The injury did'nt help us or him and once he returned the expectation was through the roof.

He is a very good player, there no doubt about it but he does have his drawbacks - pace being the most noticable.

But i very much doubt we will look for a replacement in the summer and if we do there is every chance Mourinho will come and get him.

Maybe i jumped on the bandwagon and expected instant fireworks and have been left a little dissapointed with how he has been, but there is no denying he has something very special in his game that i still believe will shine through.

Every confidence he will still be a sucess.

I dont personally think kolarov is cut out for left back, he seems to be more like a wing back that you would play in a 3-5-2 formation but nobody uses that anymore

anthonydunn87 said:
I dont personally think kolarov is cut out for left back, he seems to be more like a wing back that you would play in a 3-5-2 formation but nobody uses that anymore

Liverpool have played that formation under Dalglish this season. I think the first time they used it was at Chelsea.

-------------------------------- Hart -----------------------------------

----------- Boateng -------- Kompany ------- Lescott -----------------

Richards --------- De Jong ---------- Barry ---------------- Kolarov

-------------------------------- Silva -----------------------------------

---------------------- Tevez ----------- Balotelli -------------------------

anthonydunn87 said:

do you not realize that is what mancini is doing realistically is this and wanting both full backs to play as wing backs???????

leewill31 said:
anthonydunn87 said:

do you not realize that is what mancini is doing realistically is this and wanting both full backs to play as wing backs???????

This is right and the reason we fail as a creative force. The idea was for Kolarov and Boateng to almost be wingers, compensating for a lack of creativity in the middle but both (so far) have tanked in those roles. Micah has stepped up to help but still has trouble bursting forward a lot as he isn't naturally skillful and looks a tad awkward hugging the touchline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.