Kolarov.

I think we paid £19 Million for this one step forward and two step backwards player. He just cant get the gist of the English Game. Even Boatang (£11 million) doesnt look tight either......bad buys Roberto.

Kolarov's been disappointing since he came.

He's not alert enough to be a solid defender yet not pacey enough to be a winger, don't know what he brings to the table.

Even Mancini knows, why would he play him in a roaming, free-role position on the left flank against the rags last month

ste.sully said:
Kolarov's been disappointing since he came.

He's not alert enough to be a solid defender yet not pacey enough to be a winger, don't know what he brings to the table.

Even Mancini knows, why would he play him in a roaming, free-role position on the left flank against the rags last month

Because we were short of numbers in midfield?

ste.sully said:
Kolarov been disappointing since he came.

you say disappointing, i say gash.

I said this after the first few games I saw this snail showed off his useless free kick over the bar again and again, is he better than Garrido? FUCK NO AND NEVER!

You are joking surely! Cannot take a corner to save his life, and 99% of his free kicks are so bad when shooting they almost go out for a throw in!

SWP...Legend said:
I actually think Kolarov is one of the players who has the right idea, I just think he lacks the pace to be top notch. In terms of free kick ability and crossing the guys got talent no doubt, but his pace lets him down

Roger Ringpiece said:
You are joking surely! Cannot take a corner to save his life, and 99% of his free kicks are so bad when shooting they almost go out for a throw in!

SWP...Legend said:
I actually think Kolarov is one of the players who has the right idea, I just think he lacks the pace to be top notch. In terms of free kick ability and crossing the guys got talent no doubt, but his pace lets him down

His style of corner is , either right on the money or doesnt beat first man, id rather those than some **** floating them in, All you need is a touch from one of his corners.

intheknow! said:
Even Leighton Baines from Everton is better.
Even? Baines is better than every left back in the Prem. So why say it like he is shaite.

Very let down by Kolarov's performance yesterday and his entire time with us. I expected so much more. It saddens me to admit it, but he was not a very good buy was he?

Baines on the other hand impresses me every time I see him in action. Would love for him to join us.

funny enough I am more impressed with him than most. I guess it is a matter of expectation. I thought he was shaite before we got him. I was always against getting him, and compared him to Taye Taiwo of Marseilles. A tactically bereft defender who gets rave reviews simply because of his goal scoring. As it turns out, he is actually a decent deender. He is tactically astute, which is a pleasant surprise. He can tackle, and uses his body well. His speed is disappointing, and he is often unable to get by his defender. Albeit he often tries and tries. But that is not much of a problem for me. Most left backs are not skilled dribblers. One he is more used to his teammates, if he can learn to use the wall pass to his advantage, he should be fine. His crosses have the speed and curl but they are not dangerous because he is slow to release them. It is hard finding a mark when there are 4 defenders in the box... He just has to get it in quicker, which requires that our attackers be in the box earlier. Another problem that compounds our ability to cross.

Don't know if he will pan out. I still think he is overrated for 18 million. But I thought that before we bought him. But he should be fine if he gets in shape

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.